*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
I'm just so used to using the pro controller in MK. I had a go online handheld and I just couldn't get the feel of it - it was cheese land which isn't the easiest of tracks but I was all over the place. I am not using tilt.

I've never used it like that but I imagine that might be OK. I've never used one joy-con on it's own. Does if feel cramped or not too bad?

Mario Kart is almost digital in its controls so I find the joy cons not to be an issue at all, and the Pro pad doesn't add anything for me in that game as finesse is not needed in the steering.

Soldato
I've never used it like that but I imagine that might be OK. I've never used one joy-con on it's own. Does if feel cramped or not too bad?

Little one and her cousins love it, it's a little cramped for me being average man (TM). I wouldn't like to play an involved single player epic like that or an hour of FIFA but for off the cuff multiplayer it's fine in my book. I am going to buy a few cheap wired pads for the kids and treat myself to a pro controller soon. Need to move the dock down to floor level first though, as I can see it being tugged off the TV stand and onto the wood floor :p

Man of Honour
it's a little cramped for me being average man (TM). I wouldn't like to play an involved single player epic like that or an hour of FIFA but for off the cuff multiplayer it's fine in my book.

I have 2XL/3XL hands (depending on the glove manufacturer) and I find them comfortable as long as you hold them with your fingers and not with your palms.

Arms, Mario Kart, Bomberman, Worms, Snipperclips, Overcooked etc are all fine even for long play sessions but I have never tried to play single player or platformers with the single joy con.

Soldato
Definitely giving Mario Tennis a bash next weekend. Looks really good. I gave the pixeljunk monsters demo a go yesterday and yeah pretty fun! Also Max: Curse of the Brotherhood demo I noticed and tried. That was pretty good too! I bought FIFA and will probably regret it but for £17.25 (after some gold points) I couldn't resist.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking forward to this, seems there will be offline practice and vs. CPU modes in the demo too.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was a fun multiplayer game but very bare-bones in content. Aces could be the best Mario Tennis yet from what I've been reading about it.
I pre-ordered it as I have not purchased a game for my Switch in a while as nothing has grabbed me, but this looks like a lot of fun :)

Is there any really good games coming out this year for the Switch? I get the feeling there will be a lot of great games in 2019, this year has not been that good for me so far. Kind of fancy buying and play Zelda again, such a great game.

Enjoying Xenoblade infinitely more than Zelda (which I sold). I guess I prefer more story focused games.
The complete opposite for me.

Caporegime
E3 in a couple of short weeks. The first half of this year has been mostly ports. But we know that Octopath Traveler is coming in July if thats your thing. Its a day one purchase for me. Also Pokemon Switch is rumoured to be announced possibly in the next few days.

Soldato
E3 in a couple of short weeks. The first half of this year has been mostly ports. But we know that Octopath Traveler is coming in July if thats your thing. Its a day one purchase for me. Also Pokemon Switch is rumoured to be announced possibly in the next few days.
I just need to see Pokemon. From their main console spin off track record, they don't seem to get people just want a fully fledged Pokemon game in the style of the portable ones. I'm concerned they could go too far with trying to integrate it in to Pokemon Go and vice versa, the rumoured name suggests some sort of tie in. It could benefit both games mind, but I'm not into Pokemon Go so can't really comment on what it could mean

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Had a quick look around and here is a list of games I may get:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Never played it when I had the Wii U so may get this at some point during the drought.
Yoshi - Will need to see more, but not played a Yoshi game since SNES days so that could be fun.
Super Smash Bros. Switch - I usually always get these so I cannot see anything changing there.
Metroid Prime 4 - Probably it will not be out this year, but if it is, will definitely be grabbing it.

Was thinking of getting Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the Switch, but will probably grab it on steam.

Really hope we get announcement of many more Switch games at E3. Would actually love to see a new Mario Kart game as I have been playing MK8 since when it came out on the Wii U. Still enjoying it mind, but something fresh with better graphics would be nice. I also enjoyed the older tracks more on the Wii version.

Soldato
Animal Crossing needs a Switch reboot, and not a Pocket Camp style affair either.
GameCube style villagers, bigger map and a few more things to do.

I don't know why I like Animal Crossing, but it's always been a good way to pass time. It's what got me to buy the DS and 3DS also.

Man of Honour
Animal Crossing needs a Switch reboot, and not a Pocket Camp style affair either.
GameCube style villagers, bigger map and a few more things to do.

I don't know why I like Animal Crossing, but it's always been a good way to pass time. It's what got me to buy the DS and 3DS also.
Have you tried Stardew Valley? It seems to be very popular amongst the life sim/grind fans.

Soldato
Set up my first alternate eshop account this morning, I chose SA, thought I'd snag DKTF a bit cheaper. There is only a 4 quid difference between GB and SA for this game, might as well get it from the rainforest where it's cheaper than both eshops

Back
Top Bottom