*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Sites like this one give the best current prices (highlighted in green) - prices are in USD but a Google conversion will give you UK price. And as Kreeeee says the cheapest currently is £44 on the Japanese store. http://eshop-checker.xyz/

There is a better site but I can't find it right now. That's the first one that came up on my search.

Last edited:
Soldato
Animal Crossing needs a Switch reboot, and not a Pocket Camp style affair either.
GameCube style villagers, bigger map and a few more things to do.

I don't know why I like Animal Crossing, but it's always been a good way to pass time. It's what got me to buy the DS and 3DS also.
I still have my US import copy of the Gamecube game and it's still a lot of fun.

A new Switch version would be awesome.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
I need to finish off a few games before I buy more (or not) but on my radar is Team 17's Yoku's Island Express which released today. Metroidvania platforming pinball! Looks like so much fun.

https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/1001397747143110656

All of Team 17's developed/published games on the Switch have been great fun so this is on my radar purely for being associated with them.

Edit: Except Raging Justice.

Soldato
For anyone that has Yoku's Island Express, how suitable is it for kids? I've seen nothing of it and wondered how challenging it would be for a 4 and 6 year old?
They love Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but was worried this might be too difficult?

Man of Honour
For anyone that has Yoku's Island Express, how suitable is it for kids? I've seen nothing of it and wondered how challenging it would be for a 4 and 6 year old?
They love Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but was worried this might be too difficult?

Kirby should be right up their street, and Donkey Kong has a child's mode in it on the Switch version.

Caporegime
Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Pikachu games announced and they're...a thing I guess. Basically looks to be usual Pokemon over world with Pokemon Go 'battles' for random encounters and more traditional battles for trainers. Not a huge fan personally but will keep an eye on it. The graphics do look nice though.
I watched the trailer. Now while I have little interest in Pokemon, this does look like it could be a lot of fun. Especially the co-op. Also confirmed is a fully fledged new RPG coming in the second half of 2019.

So there you go. 2 new Pokémon games on the horizon

Soldato
Pokémon Let's Go, exactly as rumoured :( It looks decent enough, but not what many were hoping for. At least they've confirmed there's a proper Pokémon RPG due out next year.

There must be something else in Nintendo's 2018 line-up, surely? Compared to last year, 2018 is looking very lame.

Soldato
Well that Pokemon game is a no for me. Real shame they went in that direction but not entirely unexpected.

Edit .I just saw the trailer .Doesn't seem you have to get involved with the go know mobile side of things. Bit confused

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well currently we have:

Super Smash Brothers
Pokemon lets go
Mario Tennis Aces
Wolfenstein 2

Whatever is announced at E3 which should be a lot considering the success of the switch and how much money there is to be made on it. The question is how many of these newly announced games will actually come out this year. Nintendo clearly didn't predict the success of the switch and are now playing catch up in a lazy nintendo way. In theory we will also have some incarnation of the virtual console as well. Probably simply as a part of the e-store as they remaster or just port games to the switch. I would love to play metroid prime remastered.

Back
Top Bottom