*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
My nephew introduced me to Paladins. Having sat and watched a few games, I eventually caved in and installed so we could join matches.

I'm not a fan of the free to play model. When you sit back and tally up the cost of add-ons - it works out more expensive than say an AAA title and a bit of a con. Irrespective, the bigger concern is the games insistence for linking to social media or Google?

Having said all that, the game itself, I do enjoy and the idea of being able to play on a Switch! Tempting. :)

Soldato
My nephew introduced me to Paladins. Having sat and watched a few games, I eventually caved in and installed so we could join matches.

I'm not a fan of the free to play model. When you sit back and tally up the cost of add-ons - it works out more expensive than say an AAA title and a bit of a con. Irrespective, the bigger concern is the games insistence for linking to social media or Google?

Having said all that, the game itself, I do enjoy and the idea of being able to play on a Switch! Tempting. :)

I'm a little confused by this, as it doesn't tally with my experience. I play regularly, and haven't seen any social media prompts apart from those linked to a Twitch promo last month. Unless you mean the mobile game Paladins Strike? Or maybe I don't see the prompts as my PSN and Xbox accounts are linked to my Hi-Rez account?

As for cost, the maximum you will pay to unlock all Champions is £24.99. Cosmetic items could certainly get expensive, but that's true in many "AAA" games too now. And they're totally optional, with zero effect on game play. I've always felt Hi-Rez are pretty fair with their FTP model to be honest. Plus, you don't need an Xbox Live or PSN subscription to play, which is an added bonus. You literally can play for free if you wish to. I have 6 Champions left to unlock on PS4.

Soldato
Tempted with this. If it has wireless coop 100% will purchase for me and my son.

It's probably my favourite ARPG.

Does it come with immortal throne and ragnarok?

I assume so the other games that were ported to switch came with all the dlc, the games been out of ages I don't see why not.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a couple more days :)

I've been playing Celeste and it's amazing, completed the story and doing some of the end-game content atm. It certainly is challenging.

Not sure what I'll play next, perhaps the Mario+Rabbids Donkey Kong expansion which will likely release next week.

Soldato
Just a couple more days :)

I've been playing Celeste and it's amazing, completed the story and doing some of the end-game content atm. It certainly is challenging.

Not sure what I'll play next, perhaps the Mario+Rabbids Donkey Kong expansion which will likely release next week.

One of my favourite games on the Switch so far! Amazing adventure and quite difficult at times but when you find your rhythm it all clicks into place. I adored the story and well everything about it really. So, so good.

Soldato
None of the deals have been amazing. Occasionally you will see console plus game for around £260 but it's selling so well that deals are rare. Check hotukdeals there's usually something. Tesco's have been pretty decent but Tesco Direct is closing down next month so that might be out.

Soldato
Is there any "good" deals for these at all? Missus has come round to allowing me a console lol and this suits our needs.
Best I found when I was looking for mine the start of last month was £350 from Game with Zelda and Mario.

Looking around now, it seems you can the console and Mario for £300, so if you can find Zelda under £50 that'd be the cheaper way to go, assuming you want both of those.

Back
Top Bottom