1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Wii Specs Fully Exposed

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by scoopex, 31 Jul 2006.

1. scoopex

Wise Guy

The Wii Hardware

- Nintendo Wii’s ‘Broadway’ CPU operates at 729MHZ with a maximum bandwith of 1.9gbyte/sec.
    - Nintendo Wii’s ‘HollyWood’ GPU is clocked at 243MHZ, the internal memory of it includes 3mb of embedded graphics memory and 24megabytes of high speed main memory.
    - 64megabytes of GDDR3 (MEM2) as the external main memory. Just like the internal memory, it can be accessed from the CPU and GPU with a maximum bandwidth of 4gbytes/sec and can also store programs in the MEM2.
    - The GPU of the Wii is identical to the GC’s but it is on average 1.5X faster.

TXB

Not my kinda console but super mario 12 should look good on it. :D

Last edited: 31 Jul 2006
  2. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

i always thought the GC could output very good gfx games, so im sure if they push the WII then the games will look good aswell

ive decided to not buy a DS and save the cash for if i want a WII(lol) as the hype might get to me

3. soundwave

Wise Guy

Sounds perfectly fine to me & easily my most anticipated console EVER.

I would check the link to that site though as there are links for places that supply X-box, PS2, PSP & 360 mod chips so might be frowned upon because of what can be done with them.

Better to be safe then get a ban I should think??

Neil

4. Arsey

Wise Guy

i dont know if this is good or bad compared to other things? but the demos look ok and ill still be getting one :p

5. ~J~

Sgarrista

For a machine that is made by a company whom have NEVER claimed it's next console is a "Next-Gen" system, those specs look pretty damn good to me.

6. XPE

Soldato

Ah yes Team Xbox just where i would trust all my nintendo news to come from :p

On a more serious note, a person who works for a developer posted on this fourm that the Wii CPU was 1.5gig, so i wouldnt put alot of faith in this.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2006
  7. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Numbers dont interest me, I will just see what the games look like when its released. Well actually the only number that interests me is price. If this is resonable I will buy it.

8. PiKe

Caporegime

Double sided? Where will they put the disc artwork? Sounds like someone's just made these specs up.

9. tsinc80697

Sgarrista

can't wait for it :D

anyone know the best place to pre-order ?

10. DaveyD

Man of Honour

If it has been translated, I'd guess it's supposed to mean dual layer instead of dual sided.

To be honest, I don't give a monkeys about the 'specs' of the Wii, I'm not expecting anything amazing graphically, so I'll be pleasantly suprised if anything spectacular appears on it, I just want it for its innovation and interestingness :p

11. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

But many people are much more ignorant :(

12. Syph

Soldato

Think I'll wait on the specs until a more, er... reliable source is unveiled. ;)

13. lordrobs

Capodecina

I'm with the "specs don't interest me" crowd.

TBH I don't even know the spec's of my 360 :o AFAIK it uses some kind of nuclear fission doesn't it? :p

14. jklc

Hitman

Interesting.. no doubt people will do imaginary calculations and draw assumptions on performance and bottlenecks. I don't really care either, already getting one based on the demos I've seen. Not so many months away now.. *waves remote around in anticipation* :D

15. Tomdun

Wise Guy

This is still all just rumours, the thread title is a bit miss leading ;).

16. Soulja

Capodecina

Who cares, i just want to play golden eye again :p

17. Caustic

Mobster

The specs recently released are real. Nintendo might have been playing with other specs before, but these are what they have settled on.

18. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Considering these are supposed to be at least on par with the gamecube, I can't complain. I'm still umming and ahhhh-ing at some of the games on that. Ignoring the latest generation of games for the win!
    Wow, imagine if they included the latter part in puzzle games etc :eek:

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  19. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Yes they... oh wait no. Nope, no proof, not that it matters anyway but you're wrong with that statement.

20. Caustic

Mobster

If you don't believe me, I'll live, but what was leaked was the official specs from Nintendo.