No Broadband, "DSL Carrier is down"

Associate
After Tiscali taking nearly nine weeks to clear my line, I took out orange broadband a few days ago, they have told me the username and password but i have come to try and connect with my own D-Link DSL-300T ethernet modem and it seems to not even be attempting to connect now, it was fine with Tiscali, i checked the log and it stops doing anything saying...

Sep 8 12:00:06> Valid Configuration Tree
Sep 8 12:00:11> Firewall NAT service started
Sep 8 12:00:11> Bridge Created: br0
Jan 1 01:01:00> Bridge Interface Added: eth0
Jan 1 01:01:03> DSL Carrier is down

...I rang BT but they are not interested as our broadband is not with them, i'm not going to try orange atleast until there router arrives in a week or so and i have tried that, but until then can anyone suggest anything?

Many thanks.

Soldato
i was helping my uncle setup his livebox and had problems getting connected. turns out that at the end of the username you have to add @fs but the letter he received had @fs@fs so one too many @fs so that was way he could not login.

doubt thats your problem through.

anyways gl.

Soldato
Thought it had already been answered. It's fairly obvious that if you've only just signed up that your line hasn't been activated yet. Wait! It takes up to 10 days (usually done within a week)

Back
Top Bottom