no cd program

Suspended
About a year ago someone linked me a legal program which would allow me to play games without the cd, does anyone know the name of the program which does that?

Suspended
OP
yes cause that helps

and im not asking for a crack, i own the original cd's of the games i want to play, and i know theres a legal program which creates an image or something, cause i found the link on these forums originally.

Soldato
Am i allowed to link the program in here, i will post a link once i know its allowed, i cant understand why most games still need a key to activate games, i wish everyone would do a similar system to STEAM as i switch between games all the time and cant be arsed to change the disk, its not a console after all.

Associate
Sinny said:
use a program called Daemon tools, if its not alright to link it i will remove.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

i use it and works nice, i also use alcohol 120% to load a fake image of the game so i can run it, but as i have quite a few games it tends to get messy.
Daemon Tools used to be good until they infested it with spyware. You'd be well advised to remove the link (it's not as if people can't Google if they really want to infest their own PC). A few games check specifically for DT and won't install if it's present, which further limits its usefulness.

Man of Honour
Crowze said:
Daemon Tools used to be good until they infested it with spyware. You'd be well advised to remove the link (it's not as if people can't Google if they really want to infest their own PC). A few games check specifically for DT and won't install if it's present, which further limits its usefulness.

Wow. All you need to do to not get the spyware on youyr system is while installing untick Daemon Tools Search Bar - and you won't get it.

Simple as.

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Nothing illegal about playing games without the CD in. It's just against the end user agreement - although it shouldn't be IMO!

I do it with all my games, especially on this laptop. Requiring a CD is a pretty stupid thing for devs to do tbh, it doesn't stop anyone pirating games but is ******* inconvenient for people who do pay for the games. Pirates make a game of who can get around the protection first, and they always manage it! So they get their game for free, and get the convenience of not needing the CD in. So who does it end up affecting, when they require the CD to play? The people who paid for the game!

I think signing into online accounts is a much better way of doing things, as long as you only have to do it the first time you install otherwise you always need an internet connection to play :(

Back
Top Bottom