No chance of getting a Series X / PS5 ?

Soldato
Would you guys say its pretty much impossible to get these now new or at the price they should be, I mean look how long its been and still you cannot get them, With Xmas closing in I'm pretty sure the scalpers who are holding onto the stock they have will make a killing from desperate parents wanting to get their kid one, But seriously what's going on with this mess?
Why does it seem like our UK retailers /Etailers are not doing the ballot system like the American's were/are?

Associate
Would you guys say its pretty much impossible to get these now new or at the price they should be, I mean look how long its been and still you cannot get them, With Xmas closing in I'm pretty sure the scalpers who are holding onto the stock they have will make a killing from desperate parents wanting to get their kid one, But seriously what's going on with this mess?
Why does it seem like our UK retailers /Etailers are not doing the ballot system like the American's were/are?
i went on afew different sites amazon/argos etc when looking for my PS5 earlier this year didn't have any luck until i signed up for notifications from some stock checkers apps/sites all free and i got mine within afew weeks.

Associate
Think it's a lot easier to get a series x than a ps5, I used a stock alert app to get both. The series x took a week to get and the ps5 I only just got now from game after an hour long wait in the Q

Associate
Best place to get notifications from is Twitter, stock checkers on there have people working in the major stores giving them inside info on stock drops.
Have to say that wasnt practical for me, places like Argos go live at 1am etc so you need to be ready at any time.
Shopto came through for me after putting my email in at their site, it said it was a backorder, it wasnt, it was in their warehouse and came within a week.
Forget about buying one in a spur of the moment until next year, also, be prepared to buy a bundle

Soldato
Only way really is to join stock informer sites. Even then you cant hang around, you have to buy them as soon as you get the email or they are gone.

Soldato
Using nothing more than the "HotStock" app I secured two PS5's a couple of weeks ago and could have had two more.
Not saying it is easy, not saying there is tons of stock, but when it is about it lasts for a little while.

Soldato
Yep discord is key. I got one from argos just by paying attention to discord for a morning. You just need to know when big drops are likely to hit and then reserve some time to track it all.

Soldato
Another good plan is to join amazon prime, i noticed they are not selling the new consoles unless you are a prime member and they have had stock a few times recently. i could have bought several times

Caporegime

When I got mine last November you have to be dedicated. Book two days off work during the week and camp the stock alert apps. Eventually you will get one. It must surely be a lot easier compared to back then though.

Caporegime
I found PS5 harder to get but granted i never tried VERY hard. I only tried on Amazon when it drops, didn't bother with Gamestop or Game anymore than for a laugh as I wouldn't have bought their T-shirt bundles out of principle. Amazon site crashed on me twice and only got one because someone here kindly gave me a VIP Code for Currys.

XBSX I got one from John Lewis when walked in a store one Saturday afternoon back in the start of May and they had one in the back of the store and have seen it popped up on Amazon and MS store multiple times with long online times.

I am sure i could get a PS5 if i try harder like set up alerts on discord and Twitter etc.

Soldato
Took me a while to to grab a PS5, signed up to Discord for alerts etc.. was trying from about 1am on the night of the "drop" and ending up bagging one at about 5am. Now I'm on the hunt for a Series X for Flight Sim, the hunt has now begun.. again.

Soldato
OP
Well AO had some this morning instantly seen they had stock, applied to basket then basket said now out of stock..no way genuine people could go that fast.

Thing is the retailers/etailers have no interest in stopping the scalpers because regardless they're making a sale.

Soldato
Wow, UK is having silly amounts of stock at the moment.
Got a John Lewis alert this morning - when I hit the link it was still available. EE alert, was much later to that one and they were all gone.
Just this second had a Smyths alert - not followed that one.

I'm not actually looking for anymore, just interested really to see how quick you do need to be between alert and hitting the site to be able to get one.

Back
Top Bottom