No escaping the Speedies! ?

Man of Honour
Surely that would be a good thing?

And even then people would still crash, because unfortunately there will always be morons/unfit drivers/people with no road sense/car thieves/etc.

You mean like it is now? Remember, 3% of crashes is the maximum that speed cameras can prevent.

Caporegime
Stuff this my new plan is to drive untill I get my license taken off me. Which to be fair shouldn't happen I only speed when on my own on an empty road.

But if it does, drive illegally. Will work out cheaper unless I get caught. No road tax, no MOT, no insurance. Its win win.

Soldato
OP
Begbie, That's gotta be the wrong attitude, although it sounds ever so inviting, you hear about road users of 40 years that have never paid a bean in Insurance, Tax, MOT etc, only until recent years they have been getting caught out, technology will only improve so the dodgers will have more and more difficulties avoiding detection.

Drive by the book until you "KNOW" you are able and safe to put the boot down a bit.

Soldato
As long as we have this in some dangerous areas and it is clearly marked just like with current yellow cameras then I see no problem. But once we get this everywhere just to get more money for greedy council ie more 20mph zones around schools etc then it'll be ridicules.

Soldato
There's a set of these on test already along the A13 from Blackwall all the way to Dagenham (and maybe further.) They all have "Average Speed Check under Test" signs on them so everyone is booting it anyway.

I hate that stretch. There's more than one camera on the way in that's a 40mph camera literally 50 yards from where the limit, for no apparent reason, goes back up to 50, just like there was no apparent reason for it to drop to 40. Except to catch you speeding.

Back
Top Bottom