• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No EVGA before christmas

Soldato
If retailers can buy from EVGA direct, they why are OCUK using a distributor? middle men are usually bad news.

Also I like that new queue system EVGA have announced, basically its a queue for notification, so when you at front of queue only "you" are notified the product is available for order and you get 5 hours to order it.

Associate
Seems to me quite likely that EVGA are restricting the UK market at present and OCUK know that. However their support person was not authorised to reveal that information. Not a single one has shipped to my knowledge. If they were supplying them OCUK should have had at least 1 right?

Soldato
Seems to me quite likely that EVGA are restricting the UK market at present and OCUK know that. However their support person was not authorised to reveal that information. Not a single one has shipped to my knowledge. If they were supplying them OCUK should have had at least 1 right?

If you check reddit you will see a bunch of people in uk got EVGA cards yesterday from elsewhere. Even people who ordered relatively late on launch day.

Soldato
If retailers can buy from EVGA direct, they why are OCUK using a distributor? middle men are usually bad news.

Also I like that new queue system EVGA have announced, basically its a queue for notification, so when you at front of queue only "you" are notified the product is available for order and you get 5 hours to order it.
That’s only in the USA though

Associate
If you check reddit you will see a bunch of people in uk got EVGA cards yesterday from elsewhere. Even people who ordered relatively late on launch day.
I said restricting, not stopped. I am aware that some sellers that deal with EVGA direct (rather than through distributers) have sent them out.

Soldato
Must be the same with the strix aswell as from what I can see, ocuk don't even have a date for these, yet plenty of people who bought elsewhere have them. Total misrepresentation by ocuk.

Associate
OP
The competitors claimed on twitter they are direct customers of EVGA. Sounds like OCUK definitely is not.

Yeah this is bassicly the problem, I think OCUK has made a deal where they only get their GPU's from one distro and because of that the distro gives them better stock, this doesn't help when an AiB only ships direct and isn't focusing on EUMA distro

Soldato

EVGA stock landed at a competitor retailer in the last few days.

I know 2 dudes on Discord who got an 3080 XC3 Gaming yesterday. Then today one got his FTW3 Ultra this morning, he ordered 14:17 on launch day.

Seems OcUK's distributor or relationship with EVGA is wearing thin. That said EVGA's EU presence has been absymal regardless still.

Edit: @Rom proves my point below lol

Last edited:
Associate
This is mad, i wouldn't have minded if they said this in the Official Thread. If this is true its probably quicker to get a refund and get from a competitor if they have 0 info on getting stock we could be waiting until 2021. This has been poorly handled by OCUK not the usual great service they deliver and will likely look elsewhere in future for purchasing.

Rom

Rom

Associate
I got my ftw Ultra this morning, obviously from a competitor. They tops me they expected stock 15th Oct. I ordered on launch day. So super happy it's come 'early'

VN53npq

Caporegime
It was 94 days from ordering to delivery of my EVGA GTX 1080.

94 days from the 3080 launch is Christmas so about what I expect.

Was same for me and every day EVGA were posting on twitter than another 200 FTW3 cards where on their way to the US. In fact, they cleared all their back orders and you could actually buy an EVGA card in stock from a retailer or a shop in the US before we started getting numbers in the UK.

I gave up on EVGA after that

Associate
Even distros provide rough eta.
But i dont understand why simple no response from OC over this. Besides keep repeating we don't know, we dont know, and keep deleting or closing threads.
After seeing this how many people will simply just go to other venders in future.
I understand delay is from Nvidia itself, and evga and other aibs are trying to ramp up as much as they can do but they are keeping everyone in loop.
Simple example scan yes they are directly getting eta and cards from evga. But every one knows when is the future stocks coming if its delayed its delayed similar thing will go long way.

Back
Top Bottom