No idea what to do secondhand setup

Associate
Hi can anyone help? My son was trying to build his own pc but found it difficult. We bought a second hand setup and it’s been really good. However when he plays fortnite he keeps getting booted off and I having spent many hours trying to fix I suspect epic games may have a ban on his hardware from the previous user
Epic games are checking now.
From what I have read we may need a new motherboard. Can anyone advise which one? He has a Intel i7 9700… the best value motherboard is fine and how easy is it to swap as I suspect I will be doing it?! Many thanks

Soldato
Booted off?

Need more info, from that 1 comment I'd guess you are saying the game works fine but he gets disconnected from the session so I'd say it's your internet or wireless not the pc

Associate
OP
Sorry
More info
He gets this alert:
You were removed from the match due to internet lag your ip or vpn usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilising vpn or proxy services while attempting to play fortnite.
Our broadband is excellent via Ethernet we don’t use a proxy and he has never cheated… I’ve tried all the suggested solutions and support from epic games without success which leads me to think it’s historical use from the previous user. All other games play fine.
Many thanks

Associate
OP
Oh dear that doesn’t sound good.. I have tried playing on the HD and the SSD so I don’t think it’s the hard drive.. will try and see if epic games can help before I buy a new motherboard ☹️

Soldato
I have never played that game but its best to join servers where you have the lowest ping. Maybe he is joining matches with Americans where he would have very high ping and they are booting him because he was lagging their game or whatever

Soldato
Maybe if you can show a receipt of when the PC was purchased you could get the ban overturned but it will be at epic games discretion.

Man of Honour
Oh dear that doesn’t sound good.. I have tried playing on the HD and the SSD so I don’t think it’s the hard drive.. will try and see if epic games can help before I buy a new motherboard ☹️
Submit an appeal and as @Joxeon mentioned if you have a receipt submit that but anyone can write a receipt.

Hardware bans are very unlikely to be overturned .

Back
Top Bottom