No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Associate
This game has changed a load.

I will have to relearn it from the start.

Is there any new objective now from when it came out?
There's a few story objectives to follow-up on at the moment.
  • The Atlas path that's been in the game for ages (overhauled in the 1.3 Atlas Rises update).
  • Investigating the entity known as Artemis (added with the Beyond update).
  • Investigating the story behind the underwater crashed freighter.
  • The new abandoned/derelict freighters in space that were added with the new Desolation update.
Then there's lots of little bits of lore scattered all over the place with mini stories to unravel.

Soldato
There's a few story objectives to follow-up on at the moment.
  • The Atlas path that's been in the game for ages (overhauled in the 1.3 Atlas Rises update).
  • Investigating the entity known as Artemis (added with the Beyond update).
  • Investigating the story behind the underwater crashed freighter.
  • The new abandoned/derelict freighters in space that were added with the new Desolation update.
Then there's lots of little bits of lore scattered all over the place with mini stories to unravel.

Thank you.
Lots more to do now :)

Soldato
What am I doing wrong? I started and the planet was 75 degrees, I couldn't find anywhere to avoid the heat so I died eventually.

Edit: Oh nevermind, had to recharge my hazard protection with carbon which is everywhere lol

Caporegime
What am I doing wrong? I started and the planet was 75 degrees, I couldn't find anywhere to avoid the heat so I died eventually.

Edit: Oh nevermind, had to recharge my hazard protection with carbon which is everywhere lol
Also, you can get in your spaceship - that offers protection and will recharge your hazard protection as well :)

Caporegime
I've not got to it yet I literally just started, it's like I forgot everything from last time I played. Also, this game really benefits from HDR.
Yeah I did the same bit yesterday afternoon :D

On the PC - default key is C for scanner, hit that and it should put in your FOV your spaceship crash site, you can peg it to there and will survive long enough to make it :) - about 300m away it is :)

Soldato
Tempted to get back into this, I haven't played for since they added base building. I tried a few months ago but couldn't remember much and some resources seem to have changed (or I just don't remember).

Starting again is going to be a grind....

Associate

The beginning planet is always a bit of pot luck, sometimes the game chooses to be nice and you're just on a slightly cold or radioactive planet that only gets really bad either at night or during the storms... then other times it throws you onto a planet that's going to murder you within 5 minutes.

When you first start out, it can sometimes help to look for caves while you walk/run towards your first ship... most (if not all) hazards are neutralised inside caves.
Pick up any and all sodium & oxygen you see in your path (small glowing red/yellow plants) and mine the hostile plants for extra oxygen.

If you're on a really harsh planet, once you reach your ship, it's worth spending a little bit of time to prepare for the inevitable 700-900 distance run to the location where you'll have to collect an item for your ship.

Soldato
After putting in almost 600 hours into this on Steam, center of the galaxy reached on Permadeath and 100% achievements unlocked, I've now started again but this time with xbox gamepass on PC as I hadn't played in over a year on Steam. So another Permadeath playthrough is under way since yesterday, I'm also streaming on Twitch if anyone interested in checking out the Desolation update (TonyTurbo78). The desolation update is what got me interested again and I'm hooked once more. And oh my, there's so much new now, it's actually incredible how much has been improved and added since I last played. So many tech tree upgrades, so many improvements to to the menus and UI. Absolutely loving it.

Caporegime
I’ve been tempted to give this another blast after hearing about how much the game has improved since launch. I didn’t get on with it back then because quite frankly it was gash.

Caporegime
I’ve been tempted to give this another blast after hearing about how much the game has improved since launch. I didn’t get on with it back then because quite frankly it was gash.

I still found that the case. I'm a total newcomer, tried it on Game Pass for a couple of hours. It seems very much like those sandbox games where you can do what you want but I am not into them. I got to a second planet and was told to look for copper. Found some, mined it but it wasn't enough and I couldn't see any further deposits. Patience wore out and I uninstalled.

Soldato
I still found that the case. I'm a total newcomer, tried it on Game Pass for a couple of hours. It seems very much like those sandbox games where you can do what you want but I am not into them. I got to a second planet and was told to look for copper. Found some, mined it but it wasn't enough and I couldn't see any further deposits. Patience wore out and I uninstalled.

You have similar patience to me in other games it seems :D

Soldato
I think this is partly due to the Game Pass effect. If something doesn’t grip me pretty much from the start, it gets deleted and I move on to the next game in the list. I use it as a “try before you buy” type of system.

Spot on, this is what I meant when I said less choice is probably better for myself as then I'll just play stuff I'm interested in hence buying.

Man of Honour
Still the best things about this is just aimless low level flight and the first time you leave a starter system and arrive at a new one. Everything else just feels bland or not seamless enough in integration meaning I lose patience fast with it.

Back
Top Bottom