Associate
So I’ve just done putting together a pc for my brother. Everything was fine and it turned on first try, we used his SSD from his old computer.

The problem is is that it won’t connect with a wired Ethernet connection, there is no network adaptor listed in device manager and attempting to install Realtek Ethernet controller gives the message “the Realtek network controller was not found, if deep sleep mode is enabled please plug in cable”

I have no idea how to fix this, I’ve looked online without any success. it just seems like there is no network adapter and I don’t know what the root cause of that is. We’ve tried loads to troubleshoot it but I’ve really run out of ideas. I’ve tried to install all sorts of drivers, used windows reset, checked for hidden devices in the manager, updated the bios even. There are other things but I’ve been doing this for five hours now so I’m tired and at my wits end and hoping someone on here might be able to help.

Obviously the motherboard comes with an Ethernet slot I just need to know if I need it install something, fiddle with it or if I need a replacement. Thanks.

mid you need more info let me know.
Also I don’t have a windows install disc

motherboard: ASRock b450m pro4-f
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: Radeon 5700 xt
RAM: 2X8gb Corsair LPX @ 3200mhz
SSD: Samsung evo 860 1TB

Soldato
I would be doing a clean install of w10 first to see if that sorts it.

Download the media creation tool and use it to create a usb stick with w10 on it...then boot pc from the mem stick and do a clean install not an upgrade one.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Backup everything you want to keep first as it will format the whole drive.

At a guess its a driver conflict with something leftover from the old w10 install already on the ssd drive thats causing your problems

Associate
OP
So unless I’m absurdly dense and/or blind I cannot for the life of me see any settings in the bios for enabling or disabling LAN. Any ideas what it might be under? As for doing a reinstall of windows I’ll probably try that later on if I can’t get it to work. Thanks

Associate
OP
Yeah it’s a real headache, if there’s no option it must be constantly active so it shouldn’t be off. The network drivers won’t install because there’s no network adapter and there’s no obvious way to find it, I’ve checked all the menus twice at least by now, I’m wondering if reseting the bios by removing the motherboard battery would work? That or some shamanic ritual

Associate
OP
So I tried re-seating the ram while I downloaded a windows 10 usb. Now it’s not posting even, just turns on for about 10-15 seconds then turns off and then repeats, tried booting without the ram still not posting. The GPU fans aren't spinning so I’m wondering if the PSU is the issue now

Soldato
Have you tried updating Bios to see if fixes the issue. Reading around its a common issue and some have returned motherboards as faulty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
update the bios, googled and found other people with the same board that had no lan and never seemed to find a fix or some people with flaky/disappearing lan that claim a bios update fixed their issues

Hitman
Soldato
Going back to the original issue, put this driver pack on a USB and give it a try (but make sure to disable any of the optional crap it tries to install): https://drp.su/en/foradmin - you want DriverPack Offline Network.

I've recently (the past 4 weeks) set up 3 servers on AMD CPUs (3700x, 3800, 3900x, all with ASrock motherboards also) with Windows 10 and none detected any ethernet drivers, and that was using the latest Win 10 ISO. The above pack managed to find the right ones and they are now working without an issue.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you for all your suggestions and help. We’ve since took the GPU out and put it back in and that fixed it not booting. After that we did a clean install of windows and drivers, updated the bios and finally found the jumper and tried that but none worked the only suggestion we haven’t tried is the driver pack recommended by Dynix. But We’ve since ordered a new board and are going to send the other one back for a refund after us and a few people came to the conclusion that it’s probably a hardware issue as we seem to have tried any and all fixes that we have thought or have been suggested. The replacement should arrive sometime later today so I’ll see how that goes.

Soldato
On the network card do you get any lights to indicate network activity? (Make sure a cable in plugged in at both ends)

Does sound like the network card is faulty.

Back
Top Bottom