1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signal from my card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 2bullish, 18 May 2006.

1. 2bullish

Hitman

Ok, I was playing Oblivion and suddenly the game froze as it was loading a level. Tried to reboot, no signal to the moitor. Left it a while, then tried again, got a signal but then it froze on post, just after it told me the chip, but before the mem.

Tried to restart a few times then it posted into windows but took a lot longer.

Tried to restart again, and no signal. Kept trying to restart still no signal. Bugger this methinks, time to clear cmos, do that and still no signal. I can hear it going through post and into windows (i think) but no signal.

Card is a Leadtek 6800 gt at stock.

Ideas?

2. wesley

Soldato

first thing i would is check the ram

3. WatchTower

Mobster

Try running some stable test to check the memory. Sometimes you need to increase the volts on the DDR a little even if your no clocking on some mobos. Strange ehh

4. 2bullish

Hitman

Problem is without a monitor its difficult to check things as Ive no signal. Anyway, its suddenly come back to life, methinks its a warm boot issue with the drivers, possibly matching refresh rate of my dell 20" flat panel. Will try some things out before turning the thing off again ;)