No Surround sound on DVDs and Problems playing FLVs

Associate
Ok, so a few weeks ago my old PC died and unable to find out which part was causing the problems i got all new hardware.

ASUS P5G41C-M LX Motherboard
Dual core 2.9GHz Pentium processor
2X 1GB DDR2 Crucial Balistix memory
and an ASUS Radeon HD 4650 graphics card (PCI-e)

old hardware includes
Creative X-Fi PCI-e soundcard
4X SATA 80GB HDDs

So my problems started after the reinstall. Windows went in first then i followed the tweacks guide to win XP (Yes i'm still on XP, i cant aford an upgrade we're in a recession, if i could aford something better i would have got a better computer) and i installed everything in the right order. finally i install the K-lite codec pack so that i can play FLVs and DVDs on the PC which is one of the primery things i use it for. But now the DVDs are playing in stereo only no matter what i do with the settings and FLVs are playing extremely quietly.

These problems are happening in both windows media player 11 and media player classic, i've tried uninstalling and reinstaling the k-lite codec pack and also tried other older versions of it and trying both the k-lite pack and the k-lite mega codec pack. I installed windows with the VIA onboard sound enabled but then disabled it first in device manager then in the BIOS to rule out interferance.

I'm getting really desperate now, i've spent all week on Google tying to find some answers such as reconfiguring the ffdshow codecs ect, but i must be missing something. can any of you guys help me with this? please?

If you can help you can have first dibbs on my old hardware when i sell it :)

Back
Top Bottom