Noble Chairs Epic (Black Edition) vs IKEA Markus vs Other?

Associate
Hi,

I'm sure this topic may very well have existed before, but I just wanted some genuine opinions.

I received my Epic ~4 days ago and whilst it certainly looks the part, I'm finding it really difficult to feel comfortable in it; I literally cannot sit in it for more than an hour or two without a painful butt (it's rather boney!). This is sadly something that I just hadn't forseen as an issue.

I'm currently considering returning it and evaluating other options as I don't believe that this chair will "wear in" enough to be comfortable for me to spend much time in. I'm constantly shuffling at the moment until I have to admit defeat and walk away from it.

Has anyone had both the Epic and the Markus to be able to compare the comfort of both? Particularly for the seat base and back support? I can already tell that I would likely have to remove the armrests of the Markus as I like to sit as close as possible to my desk, but there's just so much choice when it comes to chairs I'm struggling to find something that might work for me without costing the earth.

I would appreciate any opinions or advice, even if it's for a chair outside of the two mentioned.

I'm around 5'11 of slim-medium build.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just upgraded from a quite old Ikea Markus to a Hero, and its the best thing ever. Its firm, but that what my body needs, and the short term discomfort (which isnt that really) is just the body adjusting to the new seating position with the proper support.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply! As I've never personally sat on a Markus it's helpful to hear from someone who's had one before.

So, in your opinion, it's a more comfortable option than the Markus despite having a potentially less ergonomic / office focus?

Associate
The Epic has a bucket racing style seat, a style I couldn't abide either as it was so uncomfortable on a similar chair but the Hero seat is so flat it's really comfortable, if your legs feel constrained like you can't sit in different positions then Hero is way better as it's a lot wider and flatter. If you just feel it's too firm then the Hero is initially firm as well at first but will wear in.

Hero has 2 big ergonomic/office advantages over a Markus, fully adjustable 4D armrests and internal lumbar support.

The Hero gets grouped in as just a gaming chair when it's also a legit office chair (especially the real leather versions) with a lot of functions for comfort like also working as a rocking chair. I got my leather Hero after it was in a top 10 leather office chair article, really not much else at that price in high grade real leather for that amount of functions. Most cheaper to mid end leather office chairs are poor grade composite scrap leather.

Had a real leather Hero for over a year with full time working on it even prior C19. It's definitely a capable office chair as well as for gaming, though it does need to wear in for a few days to a couple of weeks. Leather one feels super comfortable still in great shape after some basic leather upkeep.

Though Markus can be modded for 4K armrests and replacement foam like some did recently, so they're still a good option too.

Permabanned
I have a Markus a few years old and the seat is rock solid. I've got a giant foam cushion on it but that doesn't really help. So looking for something with a seat more like that you'd find on a sofa. Considering the noblechairs Icon, but if the seat is hard on these too then idk.

Back
Top Bottom