Noble chairs epic question - rocking while locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Pulled the trigger on a noble chairs epic which came yesterday. Lovely chair, went together quickly and firm but comfy.

I've noticed a small thing and want to know if it's a quirk of the chair or something wrong. Left lower lever locked so the chair isn't able to recline. It if lean back slightly, there is the slightest rocking motion, i'd imagine just a millimeter or two but it's enough to be noticeable as there is a slight knock that can be felt through the chair as it hits the limit of the movement.

I've tightened the central knob underneath as tight as possible but it's still there. As I say, it's just the slightest movement but my mild OCD is going overdrive that there is any movement.

If not sat on the chair, i can't replicate the movement, it needs my body weight to do it.

Sorry for the ramble, hope it makes sense.

Associate
I have a Noblechairs Hero and I believe there is some degree of lean back back movement even when locked in all the chairs that use this mechanism due to the likely notched method they use for the seating angles.

You may find that the more the chair is leaned back with the flat seat base that it's more noticeable and as you say it can trigger OCD feelings, however, I use my chair back notched slightly straighter, though still leaned back and I don't notice it unless I really lean back with force or speed. If you engage rocking mode or lean the seat base back it's not really noticeable as your weight is already pushing back to the furthest limit.

Tightening the central knob does help but ultimately there's always going to be some minor movement. Some guy posted a video where his Epic was loose enough to push it with his hand and OCUK sent him a new mechanism, but to me it sounds like yours probably is working as intended. You can always return it under the 30 days trial but it if it's minor then it's likely working an intended.

At least that mechanism is small and they can send a spare part if it gets worse.

Soldato
OP
@PC777 thanks for the reply.

I think you've pretty much nailed it, i think it's working as it should be, just that slight movement wasn't expected. As you say, without the lock, not an issue as the chair will lean back and there won't be any short limit of movement.

Spent a whole night on it last night and first time for a long time, didn't go to bed with an achey back, which was nice :) My previous Nitro Concepts was such a waste of money.

Associate
Hi! Nice to see another similar case to mine. I just bought a Hero Black Edition and the first two days everything was perfect. However since yesterday I started feeling the same issue that you described, together with an annoying "click" noise every time I move a little bit when the lever is locked. Is just 1cm of move but the click is just too annoying.
If the lever is free I can lean back without noise, but when I go back to normal position it clicks again.

Any clue about this? Should I return it?. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom