Noble Hero-Recline Dial

Associate
I've just bought a Hero in full leather-best chair I've ever had.

I just wanted to check about the big twist dial underneath which is supposed to alter the stiffness of the recline. I've had other chairs and all it takes is a couple of turns and you can really feel the difference in resistance to reclining back.

On this one, it seems to turn forever (I've never reached a stop) and for all those turns it makes only a slight difference-Is that how they are?

Commissario
I've just bought a Hero in full leather-best chair I've ever had.

I just wanted to check about the big twist dial underneath which is supposed to alter the stiffness of the recline. I've had other chairs and all it takes is a couple of turns and you can really feel the difference in resistance to reclining back.

On this one, it seems to turn forever (I've never reached a stop) and for all those turns it makes only a slight difference-Is that how they are?
That doesn't sound quite right, are you turning it the correct direction? (I've lot track of the number of times I did it the wrong way with my old chair).
Is it stiff to turn the knob or is it quite loose?
On my Noblechair I think it only goes a few turns in one direction, but I've never really used that knob (or turned it in the other direction much), on my old Ikea Klappe the dial had a lot of turns in it from very loose to very stiff, but only really made much of a difference in the last few.

I'll bookmark this thread and try to comeback to it later, as I can't look into it more at the moment.

Associate
OP
I've tried turning the knob both ways, it does get stiffer but then looser, it doesn't feel light tightening a screw which gets tighter one way and looser the other. I can turn lots and it doesn't seem to reach a stop point in either direction?

Thanks for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom