1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noblechairs Hero back pain

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by omones, 20 Apr 2020.

1. Ryan Sharp

Associate

i find I just can't get the right angle of the back rest. And the lumbar is just a bit too far down my back, resulting in upper back pain as my shoulders force back. Do you think it will improve? I'm a week in, and it's not great so far! Was considering moving to a more traditional office mesh chair with head and back support.

2. PC777

Hitman

A week's too soon IMO as they do soften up but as others here have mentioned similar issues maybe it's a body type or weight or height that doesn't work well with it. Certainly shouldn't force yourself to use and keep it if it hurts each time. Maybe it causes pain for people under a certain weight?

I don't use the lumbar pillow or lumbar support dial as I prerfer a flatter back, so maybe try without. I can honestly say I jumped straight onto mine, after my back adjusted quickly I've been fine ever since. Back rest is best almost straight up with minor degree of layback, not that reclined, at least for me.

Some use Hero's at OCUK offices so they wouldn't give them to staff if they could definitely cause pain or injuries, it clearly only affects some users.

3. oli356

Soldato

I've owned my Hero for a few days, but can't say I find it comfortable really. I often find with all these adjustements that its just difficult to know what to change to try and make things better.

I've tried with and without the lumbar pillow and tried moving the lumbar dial too. Not sure I see the point of the head pillow though as I have to lean back for my head to rest against it which will give me a bad neck if I try and its too high to be used for neck support, if I don't strap it around the chair and just rest it on my neck it can help (I'm just under 6ft)... though this depends how the back rest is positioned.

The base is very firm, its possibly getting a bit better, but does seem to hurt the bum! And i thought I had lots of 'body padding' ;)

I do like the adjustments on the arms though think they could be a bit nearer to each other at times (even once they are slid in and underneath the chair they are at the closest).

So yeah, experiencing a bit of a sore ass and some neck, lower back pains right now.. my last chair was a typical 'executive' type leather like one which I owned for years, no adjustments at all but I found it comfy. Though they are not "ergonomic chairs". But I'm struggiling to see how anyone can sit in something this firm and say "its comfy". Didn't want to spend so much on a chair but because of the return policy with OCUK it made it viable ... if I have to return it though I'm not sure what I will do... you can't generally return chairs and having to try sell them on for a loss isn't something I want to do whilst I try and find one that works for me..
    Doesn't help either that you might adjust it one way, get sore/aches, adjust it to another way, but you're still sore from the previous way ...

4. Ryan Sharp

Associate

this is almost exactly my story. i could just not get this right. i've sent the chair back to overclockers. In original condition, but disassembling is a bit tricky. The gas lifter is impossible to detach fully. i'm going to invest in an ergonomic office chair. I wfh, so need something which is right for sitting in 8hrs.

5. PC777

Hitman

Seems you both did genuinely need to return them, but you're both coming from the perspective of a only a week's use. I'm a happy long time user with no issues after an initial day or two's adjustment. Work's been a bit quieter for me since coronavirus, but did another 40 hours on it last week, including a 10 hour day, plus a few hours gaming that day. Been cycling all week with no back issues.

Sitting in it right and it's super comfortable, so for any independent viewers this certainly isn't affecting everyone.

Oli if you need to send the chair back just clean it up and repackage it as best you can, as for a gas cannister removal, you simply need to use a rubber mallet.

6. oli356

Soldato

Mine is less than a week so I am giving it a chance and seeing if things get any better, clearly people are satisifed with them so they cant be complete rubbish :) I'm WFH at the moment so sat here for ... too many hours... so can't have a 12 hour day and then aching like mad. Will see how I get on over the next week, don't want to rush into returning it, nor leave it too late.

My concern would be that I wouldn't know of an ergonomic chair would 'work' either, unless you can go sit on it ... and for hours really, with your desk etc, its hard at least imo to know if its going to be 'right'.

I've needed a new chair for years really, my last one was just falling apart, but I found it comfy really apart from the armrests were becoming hard. But the main reason I kept it so long is because I knew purchasing a new one was going to be a nightmare.. a couple of years ago I ordered one online (again more of an 'executive' type chair), it wasn't right and was also giving me aches.. luckily I managed to sell it on gumtree for not much of a loss, but it was <£100 - I don't want to be doing this on £200-400 chairs.

7. Ryan Sharp

Associate

Yes, that's the issue. Im not saying the hero is a bad chair at all. For the vast majority of people it works well, and is very well made. However for me, it didn't fit. Armrests too wide etc. Buying a chair without sitting in it is a big risk.

8. Yulaw

Gangster

Owned mine since last just and just stuck it to the side ready to sell.

The seat padding is still rock hard and uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time and the lumber support needs to be adjustable up and down.

The seat back also feels like its pushing you out and puts pressure on the shoulders and neck.

Personally i should have returned it within the first month but i was hoping to adjust to it , do not make the same mistake if it doesn't jell within a week send it back.

9. oli356

Soldato

Think that's what I'm going to do. Give it till the end of the week.

Yesterday I was having a really bad day with it. I had to keep lifting myself up because of a sore ass, back and neck were hurting quite alot.
    Will see if I can make it to the end of the week, (bearing in mind I'm sat in it all day) before I take it apart and get my old one out the garage.
    Not sure what I will look at afterwards.

10. frustin

Hitman

what do you have?

11. Jakstaar2007

Wise Guy

Looking at buying the Noblechair Hero through Overclockers, but am having 2nd thoughts. Definitely want a high back chair as we use the more traditional Herman style chairs in the office, but i want something for dual purpose, and so am looking for one of these style chairs.

Based upon some of the negative reviews on here for these more expensive chairs i'm debating whether to sink £360 into a Noblechair via Overclockers or save a little but of money and get a GT Omega Pro XL, which a few friends have and speak very highly of after 3 years of use.

12. Dino F

Associate

My Noble Icon is arriving in literally 5 minutes so looking forward to it. I know these chairs are firm by design as I already have a Secret Lab Omega at work - thats how they last for so long.

13. Shamm68

Associate

I've owned a Noble chair well over a year. Easily the worst chair ive owned when it comes to any comfort.
    Lumbar-wise perfect. Leg-wise terrible. Aching in the back of the thighs no matter what height I adjust the chair
    In hindsight I wish I bombed it straight back. Im only still using it just because I'm trying to justify the cost.
    Some are happy. Maybe they are a certain height/weight. Well at 6' "3 and 17 stone its not good for me. Something for some of you bigger blokes to think about

14. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

Reality is (until some proves otherwise) Noble chairs are cheap to produce, offer no real benefits to gamers vs. any other chair and are marked up/upsold for the proftiss....

At least offer something for gamers for goodness sake.