Noblechairs hero PU or Real leather?

Associate
I'm new here so first i just want to say Hello :)
After weeks of searching best chair for me i found noblechairs hero, and now I definitly want buy this chair, im 183 cm (6ft) and 100kg (220 pounds), i finally want to have big and stable chair. My question is what version is the most optimal? Is it worth to pay for real leather? Is it more comfortalbe/breathable than their PU leather, or which one is more durable? I want to buy chair for years, so want to know opinions users of this chair, pu and real leather.

Associate
OP
I'm afraid i m going to sweat on PU leather when hot days will come again and Noblechairs dont have fabric in their offer. I though about secretlab titan fabric, but i heard he is not that stable as hero and have to wait more than a month to get one. I'm thinking about real leather, conservation wont be problem for me but in hot days im drinking a lot of water and sweating because dont have good air circulation in my room and im afraid that will kill real leather fast. I'm confused and dont know what choice will be the best in my situation.

Soldato
You have to remember that there is PU and then there is Noble PU.

..Its a huge step up in quality from what you'll find covering all the cheaper chairs from the usual places, its much thicker.

I've had my Noble Hero for 18mths now and it hasn't shown the slightest signs of wear, the seat cushion is as firm as it was the day I first got it and I really did not find it the slightest bit clammy or sweaty on the hottest days last summer.

Associate
OP
Cooper if i good understound you have PU leather version? And what do you think about this new black edition material? Only one reason i wanted to take real leather was that I bealived it will be less swaty than PU. If it is not there is no reason to pay more for real leather for me.

Soldato
Yes, I have the PU version.

I don't really know anything about the new material as I don't think I'll be in the market for a new chair for many years :)

Soldato
You have to remember that there is PU and then there is Noble PU.

..Its a huge step up in quality from what you'll find covering all the cheaper chairs from the usual places, its much thicker.

I've had my Noble Hero for 18mths now and it hasn't shown the slightest signs of wear, the seat cushion is as firm as it was the day I first got it and I really did not find it the slightest bit clammy or sweaty on the hottest days last summer.

Yes, because Noble PU is the vegan kind I believe. You're talking about bonded leather.

OcUK Staff
The hybrid leather on the Black Edition is very breathable, it's softer than PU too. I'd highly recommend looking at the Black Edition noblechairs.

Associate
I own the PU version as have to say it feels like it is made to last. Having said that, I think from a durability perspective the real leather will naturally just last longer/wear slower.

Bottom line, you won't be disappointed with either.

Man of Honour
The hybrid leather on the Black Edition is very breathable, it's softer than PU too. I'd highly recommend looking at the Black Edition noblechairs.

From everything I've read I think the black edition Hero is the right move for me next. An ever so slightly softer surface is just the tweak I've been waiting for.

Soldato
Last edited:
Commissario
The real leather on my Icon chair only lasted me 2 years before it got worn out so i would not say real leather lasts any longer then PU
What actually wore out?

My first Hero (black/red, PU) is about eighteen months old now and isn't showing any signs of wear whatsoever and it's been used a lot.

Associate
Looks like some minor scuffing similar to a leather shoe, surely would be easy to treat and repair that. All kind of black leather treatment and repair kits available.

I have a real leather one from last August (Edit to be clear: Aug 2019), still looks like brand new, 5 mins every 3 months with the free cleaning kit and it's been great working full time.

Associate
Just did a bit of research, all you need is a small jar of black leather furniture colour restorer. Just like polishing up a scuffed pair of shoes takes barely any time at all.

It's 2 min job with a jar of restorer that you could get for less than a fiver. That's barely any damage at all in terms of what can easily be restored with leather. You can fix almost anything black leather, rips, tears - so many cheap repair kits out there.

Cleaned mine up again last night, takes about the same time as doing a post on a forum, in return you get a brand new feeling chair with that luxury car/ rich leather bound books smell.

You could restore that chair to perfection for absolutely minimal effort and expense.

Associate
Been looking at the Noblechaor Hero Black edition, the one with the new Hybrid Vinyl/PU leather.

From what ive read, it should last longer than normal PU leather. Though you never really trust the PR speak.

Im undecided between that or the Secret labs black fabric.

Thing is i move about a lot on my chair, sometimes sit with 1 leg under the other, or sit leaning to the side a bit, and im afraid my movement may damage the fabric on the secret labs chair, wheras my current leather chair is fine.
Actually had my current leather chair for at least 10-12 years, it was just a cheap leather chair but it hasnt peeled at all. But it has no lumbar support, has fixed arms, and creaks a lot now.

Associate
The Hero Black edition is great, I've had mine since Feb and it is used daily and had no "breathability" issues even during the heat wave earlier this year

Back
Top Bottom