Noise when loading a game

Associate
Ive got a pc, which is 2 days old, everything workee fine, today ive gone to load a game, and im hearing a weird noise to me its sounds as if its coming from cpu, ive done abit of looking around on the Internet and have come accross something called coil whine, is this what it could be? I mean its 2 days old! Would this disappear? Or should o request q new one!?

Associate
OP
I actually did a factory reset of my pc, as i have no clue about computers. The problem seems to have been fixed. I'm really unsure as to why a full reset has cleared the problem. Might sound silly, but could a download i have had made possibly triggered my pc to have problems? Only really encountered the problem after installing some msi programs which was dragon centre?

Associate
OP
erm yeah sorry my pc knowledge is shocking, basically reinstalled windows again, clearing all files. I have just read an article saying that dragon centre is pretty dangerous to use and instals stuff that you dont want and tends to change your gpu and cpu settings

Soldato
Ya dragon centre is bloat ware.

that noise, did you notice it while gaming with headsets on or speaker on or is it you noticed it from hearing it coming from the computer case

Soldato
Probably coil whine. Can be caused by the PSU, power regulation circuits around components like CPU/GPU and can even be influenced by the by the mains it's powered from. Frustratingly can come and go and is also transient based on load (high frame rate on title screens is fairly common).

Over the years I've seen some oddities e.g.

A HD4890 GPU that squealed like a piglet for a couple of weeks then when "broken in" stopped

A computer that made a racket at a friend's house but not mine. Returned it to him no problems found. Squealing again when he got it back. I believe the fix for this was a small UPS, but it was years ago

Associate
OP
it was coming from the computer case!. I believe there is no fix for coil whines for future reference? Seems to have stopped for now so ill take that!

Permabanned
is it just when loading games? some games dont have frame caps on loading screens. my old 980ti would make a horrible noise in battlefield 4 loading screens when it would hit 300+FPS
but in game with Vsync on it was fine.

always enable Vsync / Gsync / FreeSync.

Back
Top Bottom