1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Hiper anyone modded fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by pinkaardvark, 17 Feb 2006.

1. pinkaardvark

Soldato

Just bought one of thes : Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W

and i'm finding it a bit noisy. Unfortunately I only looked at the pic and saw it had a 120mm fan but when it arrived I realised it also had a whiney 80mm on the back.

How do other folks find theres and has anyone replaced the fan or done a 7v mod on it?

2. Dougsnake

Mobster

I havent replaced my 80mm fan as it needs a slim fit one 12-15mm as there isnt enough clearance for a standard 25mm on so i have butchered the fins on the 80mm original one but replacing it with a slim one is a job to be done in the near future.

2p

3. brightside_

Gangster

haven't had a noise problem with mine, but then my HSF fan might drown it out >.>

4. Logsi

Capodecina

I bought one on monday and thought exactly the same thing, there so loud! My old Jeantech with 2x 80mm was quieter. Its a bit annoying when the packaging says "Inaudible".

I dont know if theres a way of changing the fan without voiding wraanty though!

5. A.N.Other

Sgarrista

Wierd ... I have one and it is the quietest PSU I have EVER had - for me when it says inaubdible, it really is (and no I'm not deaf :p).

Must be luck of the draw I think.

6. sagaboy2

Wise Guy

They are pretty noisey.

But when compared with a friends hiper we worked out its no the 80mm its the 120mm that makes the noise.

Weird huh.

7. WJA96

Capodecina

If it makes a noise, take it back. It's supposed to be 14dBA. That's VERY quiet.

8. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I had one and got rid of it due to the noise, theres no way it was 14dba.