• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Non Mobile CPU in laptop?

Soldato
I picked up 754 A64 3000+ recently and I was wondering if I could use it to upgrade my wifes laptop (alterior motive= me with mobile sempron for clocking fun) I know laptop CPUs have lower power consumtion for improved battery life and less heat but i just wondered if it would work?
thanks
Scott

Soldato
I doubt it would work simply due to the voltage the LAptops motherboard would be supplying the chip with. Being that the chip in there is a sempron (mobile I am assuming) then it would be a much lower voltage that the 3000+.

Technically I suppose it could work (so long as the mobile sempron is the correct socket type) if you could alter the voltage in some way but I doubt it would work by just sticking in there.

I suppose trying couldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom