1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Driver

Discussion in 'Motors' started by HomZ, 26 Feb 2006.

  1. HomZ

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 7 Dec 2002

    Posts: 1,118

    Location: Leeds

    hi guys , having just passed my test and not knowing knack all about cars i think its wise i got some kind of AA , RAC cover of some sort.

    what would u reccomend ? just in case i break down on my way to work or whilst im too and from the girlfreinds house etc.

    whats out their ?

    thanks in advance
  2. MrMatteh

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 22 Feb 2004

    Posts: 2,418

    Location: Essex

    if you learnt with bsm, you can get free rac membership. if not there is site around which finds the best deal for u *goes off hunting*
  3. HomZ

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 7 Dec 2002

    Posts: 1,118

    Location: Leeds

    nahh it was EJB id never heard of them , was a article in the local paper.

    want it just for peice of mind although dont wana be spending a ridiculous amount, would they say come and change a tire if i didnt know how to (id learn like) for example
  4. minidan


    Joined: 23 Oct 2002

    Posts: 747

    Location: leeds/bradford

    i have had no toruble at al with the RAC, i have more than got my moneys worth every year i have had it hehe. have had some well grumpy gtis tho... cheeper than petorl home, lolol

  5. richolmes72

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 1 Jul 2005

    Posts: 1,345

    Location: London

    Had the RAC out twice this membership year, very pleased with them so far.
  6. Phantom


    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 9,809

    Location: Southampton, Hampshire

    who are you currently insured with? if its NU then you get a supa dupa saving when you join with them (NU RAC cover) for about ~£50. its cover for the year and includes home start should your car ever fail to start... they'll also tow you to a garage or home if you break down whilst on the road if theyre not able to get you going on the side of the road. the equivaltent AA cover costs about ~£100 or there abouts
  7. Mr Jack


    Joined: 19 May 2004

    Posts: 22,011

    Location: Nordfriesland, Germany

    I'd go with the AA, I plan on switching away from Green Flag when it comes up for renewal. Green Flag are OK, but it covers the car not you and their recovery service isn't as good.
  8. Confused


    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 8,019

    Had to use the AA a couple of times in the past year, once to recover my GF's Lancer to mine when the head gasket had gone, and another when the engine in a Prelude went bang, this time they relayed me 350 miles from Chester to Colchester!

    If you go for the AA, definitely get Relay, standard roadside will only give you up to 10 miles recovery, relay will take you with the car anywhere in the country.