Noob iPhone to iPad app transfer question

Soldato
Sorry, I'm rubbish at this stuff...

I have an iPhone that is sync'd with my WORK computer in the office. I have a personal account which I use to buy and download stuff.

I just bought an iPad and I want to sync it with my HOME pc.

How do I get all my purchased apps onto the new iPad which is on a different computer? Surely they're just linked to my iTunes account?

(I'm sat at my home pc but can access my work one remotely)

On my HOME pc, when I log in to my iTunes account, I don't see any of the purchases or Podcasts or anything. Only my Music library which is saved locally and not on the WORK pc. Apart from that, it's a completely blank canvas.

I have authorised this pc with my iTunes account.

Thanks

James

Last edited:
Associate
Just log into iTunes on your PC and AppStore on your iPad using your personal account. You can then just re-download any purchased apps you have downloaded on other devices, sam applies for music.

When the device is plugged into your PC you can enable the option to sync the device with that PC. You can also turn on wifi sync too, so when your iPad is just plugged into the mains, providing the PC is on it will back up over the air. You can do this with iCloud too.

Associate
Easiest way is to just open AppStore on the iPad, and go to the "Purchased Tab", change the filter at the top to iPhone apps and you can download them all for free.

Then if you want to automate this in future just go to Settings > iTunes & AppStore and select Automaic Downloads for Apps.

Back
Top Bottom