Noob RGB help

Associate
Hi guys

Noob RBG Question

So ive bought a phanteks p400a drbg case. After opening the box there seems to be no fan connector to add more fans. Ive bought 3 more fans so will have 6 in total do i need to buy a fan connector to run all 6 fans ? The RGB controller seems to be in the front of the case would i connect the fan controller to that ?

Thanx

Man of Honour
Not sure if this answer your question.

If you want to use the case buttons to control the LEDs then you don't need to connect any of the remaining 3 anywhere. If you want motherboard control, then connect MB DRGB to a addressable RGB 5V header on your motherboard. If you want to add additional phanteks DRGB devices then connect those to the unlabeled 3 pin male connector. If you want to add additional non-Phanteks addressable RGB devices then add those to the DRGB fan cable.

Source

https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/comments/efwcv1/p400a_fan_and_rgb_plug_question_for_first_build/

Associate
OP
Not sure if this answer your question.

If you want to use the case buttons to control the LEDs then you don't need to connect any of the remaining 3 anywhere. If you want motherboard control, then connect MB DRGB to a addressable RGB 5V header on your motherboard. If you want to add additional phanteks DRGB devices then connect those to the unlabeled 3 pin male connector. If you want to add additional non-Phanteks addressable RGB devices then add those to the DRGB fan cable.

Source

https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/comments/efwcv1/p400a_fan_and_rgb_plug_question_for_first_build/

Thanx for the reply, having read the redit post ir looks like he didnt manage to get all the fans working with just the motherboard and tower, so looks like i might need to get some kinda fan connection/splitter and get my 6 fans and rgb strip to work

Associate
Hi. How did you sort your problem out? I have the same case. I run it on my motherboard rbg. I have added 1 more fan to the back but all my fan headers are taken up now. How do you have your fans i have intake front 3 and exhaust the back one. I wanted to add exhaust on the top 2 fans when i get them.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Hi. How did you sort your problem out? I have the same case. I run it on my motherboard rbg. I have added 1 more fan to the back but all my fan headers are taken up now. How do you have your fans i have intake front 3 and exhaust the back one. I wanted to add exhaust on the top 2 fans when i get them.

Thanks

I have 3 intakes at front and 3 exhausts 2 top 1 back. i also have a 3 way splitter with 2 of the fans connected to my corsair h100i fan connectors and one to the motherboard so im only using 2 fan headers on the board for all 6 fans

Back
Top Bottom