1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norsey Wood

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Richard T, 29 Jan 2006.

1. Richard T

Mobster

Ok, nice day so time to get out for some piccies... Unfortunaley I left my iso set at 400 from the night before... doh!

Just like to know what you guys think. apart from remembering to check the iso!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3. I really liked the texture of this tree
    [​IMG]

2. Richard T

Mobster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6. I loved the way the sun was lighting up these trees... think they may be birch???
    [​IMG]

3. RichDay

Wise Guy

I quite like this, the sky is such a lovely blue and the light is a great colour. Did you use a polariser?

And yes, the trees look like silver birch to me :)

4. Richard T

Mobster

Nope no polariser yet just straight from the camera... just did levels was a real nice day

The fact that I left the iso on 400 do you think that this has robbed a lot of detail from the image

5. cyKey

Sgarrista

The last shot is crying out for bw i think :) They don't look at all noisey to me. Thats the beauty of DSLR's and ISO. If you get the correct exposure your shots aren't noisey.

6. Trialsfan

Associate

Nice shots,definately Silver Birch but to my untrained eye and reading comments on my earlier post would suggest No 4 over exposed??What say you?

7. Richard T

Mobster

how about this?
    [​IMG]

8. Colin_da_Killer

Banned

Yep thats better! How dod you do the black and white? Just a desaturate?

If you have photoshop, what I do with B&W is use the Burn tool (on shadow setting) with an exposure of about 6% and just enhance some of the shadows. Tends to give the picture more depth. I also like to give a slight vignetting to B&W although it might not work with this one.

Nice photos :)

9. Richard T

Mobster

isnt desaturate the worst way to do it?
    I used mode then greyscale... I cant remember the other way with channels though... think you might have to change it to lab colour then take away the colour channels... I seem remember seeing a tutorial about it but cant remember exactly. they did it all three ways and one was better but I cant remember... was in digital photo mag