Not so Silent Loop 360 (Be Quiet)

Associate
Hello, Newbie here,
I built a new system last week (my first from scratch), and am very satisfied with the result, but have a few snags to resolve.

My main issue is what appears to be a constant tapping noise coming from the Silent Loop 360 pump. As this is only one week old have I been sold a dud or is this a known issue. Is there a way of resolving without removing and replacing, i.e. could it be orientation (would be aesthetically unpleasing to have the logo oriented anything but the correct way up)

Any advice or alternative recommendations would be appreciated.

Spec:
Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic
i5-8600K 3.6GHz
Maximus X Hero
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 SC
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB
Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2
be quiet! Silent Loop 360 mm Pure Wings 2

Associate
OP
Hi LuckyBenski, funny you should say that, you might be right regarding the source being something else as I have two 140mm Corsair fans at the top which I have now disconnected, and the machine is barely whispering. I'm installing the final three Be Quiet! top exhaust fans tomorrow and may take the radiator out and move it around a just to shift any unwanted trapped air, just in case. Thanks for the feedback.

Soldato
Hi LuckyBenski, funny you should say that, you might be right regarding the source being something else as I have two 140mm Corsair fans at the top which I have now disconnected, and the machine is barely whispering. I'm installing the final three Be Quiet! top exhaust fans tomorrow and may take the radiator out and move it around a just to shift any unwanted trapped air, just in case. Thanks for the feedback.
Be sure to move the PC around while it's running to let any air bubbles escape from the pump/block unit too. Can't hurt to be sure :)

Soldato
What LuckyBenski said.
You can work air out of pump/block by moving case rather than detaching radiator. Ideally we want pump/waterblock mounted so the outlet is above inlet and radiator is above pump/waterblock, or at least the hose fittings into radiator are higher than pump/block. This way air bubbles in the pump/block usually work their way up to top. I have 280mm Silent Loop and really like it. It's been in use now for over a years .. which reminds me it's time I flushed it and put in new coolant and inhibitor.

Soldato
alphacool had big problems at the start with their AIO........

chinese factory didnt fill them up as much as they could . luckily these units have a fill tab were you can add de-ionized water if needs be .

just remember to plug in pump header to system_fan or system_pump and run at 100% , with fans attached to CPU_HEADER

Soldato
Alphacool had a few problems, but not as bad as first Corsair H100 had. There were hundreds and hundreds of problems with them. We had thousands of them re-furbished and sold with very short warranties.

Has Alphacool got their customer support to what it should be? I read a few horror stories of defective product owners problems with them, but that was a year or so ago. It's the reason I will recommend be quiet! Silent Loop but not Alphacool Eisbaer .. I know be quiet! has good support. ;)

Associate
OP
The mobo has a dedicated pump header, and the rad fans are connected to the cpu fan header, so all good.

I am now looking for a secondary drive but want to avoid going with an HDD. So have been toying with the Crucial MX500 1TB, at £131. It doesn't seem too bad, any recommendations or advice?

Soldato
Not up to about which SSDs are fastest / best, but have noticed a dramatic drop in prices lately. Crucial has a good rep. Am thinking of getting one of the 1TB myself.

Back
Top Bottom