** NOW EVERYONE CAN ENJOY PCI-E NVMe/AHCI SSD's!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I have manage to source the Asus Hyper PCI-E controller and I have then purchased all of Asus Europe stock making OcUK exclusive reseller in Europe of this incredible PCI-E card that is bootable in Windows 7, 8 and 10 for the new PCI-E SSD drives from Samsung, such as 951 and 950 series. :)

Asus Hyper M.2 X4 PCI-E Mini Adapter Card - Black PCB @ £19.99 inc VAT

HD032AS_117099_800x800.jpg

With a low-profile design that promotes the best-ever airflow to adjacent expansion cards, fit the PCI Express x4 add-in card to any slot that suits your PC build and pump M.2 performance up to a blistering 32Gbit/s — for unmatched performance. And upgrade without limitations, as any M.2 card between 30mm (2230) to full-length 110mm (22110) is supported.

ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 Mini pairs instantly ASUS Hyper Kit*, giving you the freedom to fit next-generation 2.5-inch NVM Express SSDs for ultimate data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbit/s.

Features:-
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 bootable
- Compatible with Samsung SM951/950 AHCI & NVMe SSD's including boot function

Only £19.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Samsung PCI-E AHCI/NVMe SSD Range - Click Here!

So all of those of you out there who don't own the latest Z170 or X99 chipset but really want one of the latest insanely fast M.2 PCI-E SSD's can now actually buy one and boot from it in Windows, you just need the above Asus Hyper Card. :)

Associate
Good job!

Cheeky bundle deal on the way?

Get someone to fix the website though, as the bottom of the page with the Samsung drives you linked to is in German.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not "everyone" though.

People that plan on sticking with Windows 7 (or those planning on installing Windows 7 first and upgrade to Windows 10) will have to be careful with OEM NVMs SSD such as the Samsung ones, as Windows 7 (installation) doesn't have native NVMe support, and Samsung doesn't have a driver for enabling the drive during Windows installation, thus Windows 7 cannot be installed on it. To use as a boot drive (unless people want to go through the trouble to installing Windows 7 on a different SSD/HDD and update Windows 7 to support NVMe and then clone the drive across).

Retail NVMe SSD such as the Intel 750 won't have this issue, as Intel has driver for those drive, which people can install to enable the drive during Windows 7 installation.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Good job!

Cheeky bundle deal on the way?

Get someone to fix the website though, as the bottom of the page with the Samsung drives you linked to is in German.

You mean Samsung website or OcUK is website is in German?

No bundle deal I am afraid, no margin in SSD's to be giving further discounts.

Associate
Definitely up for one of these as no real benefit to me upgrading to the latest chip set (I'm on Haswell Z97) but I'm after the 950 Pro 512GB any idea's on when your likely to receive stock?

OcUK Staff
OP
Definitely up for one of these as no real benefit to me upgrading to the latest chip set (I'm on Haswell Z97) but I'm after the 950 Pro 512GB any idea's on when your likely to receive stock?

Shortage unfortunately, SM951 is the same drive, just different colour PCB. :)

Back
Top Bottom