Now what?

Soldato
No indeed, the Paralympics always falls in the shadow of the Olympics, which is a bit of a shame.

It's Channel 4 which have it aswell, I'm sure they will do a decent enough job but the BBC really pushed the bar for the Olympic coverage would be surprised to see that for anything else.

I'm pretty sure Channel 4 is going to give us the best Paralympics ever, so I wouldn't go slating it before its even begun. The adverts and stories they have been doing to get to know the athletes (which I don't know of) so far has been good.

It will be on Channel 4 and More 4, plus three online streams and 6 dedicated channels on Sky... hardly to be sniffed at. Plus they've done a talent search to bring in new disabled presenters to join existing presenters, which I think is very much in the spirit of things.

Last edited:
Associate
Hurray! A commercial channel showing the paralympics!

Ad breaks during the 100m anyone?

One of the aspects of the olympics I like the most is the complete lack of adverts at the venues.

Now it'll be "Archery - Brought to you by Wilkinson Sword" :rolleyes:

Soldato
Heh, or you could just watch euro-sport...

They've been airing out sports for donkeys years that don't get the wider audience:)

Personaly im just hoping the goodwill that seems to have come from road users during the olympics continues. When out on the road during my runs, have to say, most people are stoping, slowing down to pass me when another cars coming.

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];22551454 said:
Good point on watching things you usually wouldn't...

I pretty much only watch UFC, international rugby, F1, and if it's not on sky sports a bit of boxing.

Yet with the red button I've found myself really getting into some random things!
Tried to watch as many different events as possible but was particularly 'into' the judo, weight lifting, gymnastics, track cycling (so exciting! I never knew!!), BMX.

It's been great fun.

Surely there has to be an Olympics in review show or something that can let us down easy?! :D
I've been catching up with things on the iPlayer.

The mens MTB race is worth watching if you haven't seen it, not as fast paced as the BMX stuff however.

I've also enjoyed table tennis even though the ball flys so fast it's hard to see it at time. :eek:

Soldato
I'm pretty sure Channel 4 is going to give us the best Paralympics ever, so I wouldn't go slating it before its even begun. The adverts and stories they have been doing to get to know the athletes (which I don't know of) so far has been good.

It will be on Channel 4 and More 4, plus three online streams and 6 dedicated channels on Sky... hardly to be sniffed at. Plus they've done a talent search to bring in new disabled presenters to join existing presenters, which I think is very much in the spirit of things.

I wasn't slating it, I simply meant that the BBC has done such a good job with the Olympics it would be hard for anyone to follow.

Channel 4 had the last world championships and that was totally fine, even the presenter who kept messing up ended up being a positive :D

Soldato
Hurray! A commercial channel showing the paralympics!

Ad breaks during the 100m anyone?

One of the aspects of the olympics I like the most is the complete lack of adverts at the venues.

Now it'll be "Archery - Brought to you by Wilkinson Sword" :rolleyes:

instead "60 second news" that took 3 minutes because of adverts for Drama etc instead lol

Back
Top Bottom