NP: The now playing thread

Associate
Last few days' playlist:

Lacuna Coil's Black Anima album. They are that rare band that get heavier with age.

The Pearl Harts. Other half recommended TPH and they have been on my playlist for a few weeks. A little The Kills influences in places. For a new band, they have a shedload of strong tunes already.

Rival Sons. Once every few years I hear a song that makes me want to stand and applaud. It need not be my 'genre' or even necessarily a favourite tune, but just a song where I can simply appreciate the overall quality. The last one was Paolo Nutini's Iron Sky, and this is 2019's entry. And that lead guitar has too much mojo.

I've also been buying up some of the back catalogue of punk band Король и Шут and Louna's Полюса album that I somehow missed last year. Two Russian bands that sing in Russian though, which I guess won't appeal to many, so I'll leave sample vids out.

Associate
Early years of Killing Joke for me tonight, debut and second albums. I went to one of their gigs at the Hammersmith Apollo around 7-8 years ago and they were still a bunch of boisterous noisemongers even then.

Also throwing in a little Michael Schenker-era UFO:

Associate
I like a bit of 'Viking' ^ every now and again, played a lot of Danheim over the past month.

Tonight's jam: Pumarosa. This is the opening track on the Devastation album to be released later this month, and kicks off with a Beth Gibbons (Portishead) style vocal, before bringing in a Sneaker Pimps-esque beat with an undercurrent of drum n' bass.

And another:

ЙОРШ - Музыка сильных

Šiaurės kryptis - Troleibusai

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom