NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
That's a lot higher than I get with a Ryzen 5 2600. I idle at 37'C-42'C, and just ran a few benchmarks (CPU stress test + TW:WH2 & FH4 benchmarks) to check load temps. Topped out at 62's. That's with 4x Arctic P12s running around 940 RPM (maybe the occasional and very slight ramp up from here) and an LL120 on the cooler running between 1,000 and 1,200 RPM. GPU is an RTX 3060 Ti.

How do your CPU temps fare in a CPU-only test? If your temps are high in a CPU test, it might be worth remounting the cooler and/or upgrading the thermal paste. If temps are alright in a CPU test but high in gaming, then it's probably the GPU's waste heat causing issues.

I re-mounted the CPU and ran a stress test for CPU only from a cold boot. Topped out at 69c. It's now settled down to around 42c idle temps after that test.

I have an Arctic P12 on the Shuriken and 2 x Lian Li Uni fans at the top set to exhaust. No other case fans. I'm assuming your 4 x Arctic P12s are two bottom intakes and 2 x top exhaust?

Don't think I'd have room for 2 x intakes at the bottom and it would probably hamper my GPUs fans intake.

Last edited:
Associate
  • Seeking FAN advice, with MB: Gigabyte B550i AORUS PRO AX. The mother board has the following fan headers; CPU_FAN, SYS_FAN 1 and SYS_FAN 2.

Will I need a fan hub? To operate 6 fans and CPU cooler.

Or just fan splitters?

Current setup - NZXT X63 (3 pin connector from cooler) plugged into CPU_FAN,
    2 fans on 280mm radiator plugged into SYS_FAN2 (using the provided fan power ext cable) as intake. I also have the 2x stock CM 120 fans in the top as exhaust.

however, I have 4x Artic P12 (SLIM) fans arriving tomorrow. The intention is to have 2 at bottom (intake) and 2 at top (exhaust).

Any advice on how people would wire the fans for this setup would be much appreciated. This is only my second build and the wiring of the fans is my only concern.

Many Thanks STE

Associate
Picked up a NR200P yesterday. Any reccomendations on a cpu cooler for a 3900x? Not planning on overclocking, just want it a little cooler and quieter. I'm using the glass panel, seen lots of reccomendations for the mugen 5 at £50. Anything cheaper worth considering?

Edit: I am planning on using Artic P12s with what ever cpu cooler I purchase.

Soldato
  • Seeking FAN advice, with MB: Gigabyte B550i AORUS PRO AX. The mother board has the following fan headers; CPU_FAN, SYS_FAN 1 and SYS_FAN 2.

Will I need a fan hub? To operate 6 fans and CPU cooler.

Or just fan splitters?

Current setup - NZXT X63 (3 pin connector from cooler) plugged into CPU_FAN,
    2 fans on 280mm radiator plugged into SYS_FAN2 (using the provided fan power ext cable) as intake. I also have the 2x stock CM 120 fans in the top as exhaust.

however, I have 4x Artic P12 (SLIM) fans arriving tomorrow. The intention is to have 2 at bottom (intake) and 2 at top (exhaust).

Any advice on how people would wire the fans for this setup would be much appreciated. This is only my second build and the wiring of the fans is my only concern.

Many Thanks STE

I would just get 2 splitters and hook up two fans to each. I think both the fan headers on this board are at the bottom so it doesn't matter really matter which are on which header!

Associate
Picked up a NR200P yesterday. Any reccomendations on a cpu cooler for a 3900x? Not planning on overclocking, just want it a little cooler and quieter. I'm using the glass panel, seen lots of reccomendations for the mugen 5 at £50. Anything cheaper worth considering?

Edit: I am planning on using Artic P12s with what ever cpu cooler I purchase.

I use the Fuma 2, 3700x, TG panel and p12s top and bottom.

Associate
Thanks for the pics. Posts I read online said it doesn't fit flush with the tg panel. But your pics look like it does. Are you using the standard height mobo standoffs?
I honestly dont know, what ever is pre installed in the case! I think Gigabyte boards have higher cpu sockets? I have the Rog Strix b450i if that makes any odds. I can attempt to measure the clearance.

Associate
I would just get 2 splitters and hook up two fans to each. I think both the fan headers on this board are at the bottom so it doesn't matter really matter which are on which header!
Thank you for the advice, you are correct the 2 system fan headers are at the bottom. I’m assuming you mean use a 2 way splitter for the top 2 and bottom 2 fans.

Are the 2x 140 fans from my AIO meant to be plugged into the CPU_FAN header?

I have 6 fans to plug in, in total.

Soldato
b7059777e905a4c842c0d80b00e209c81ebf1242.jpeg

Finished building my server in this case earlier today, hoping to get the gpu upgraded to something that'll allow me to do plex transcoding at some point soon. Also going to get a second 12TB WD Gold at some point to have in raid.

Specs are:

Ryzen 1600
16gb 3000mhz ddr4 (will be looking to upgrade to 32gb or 64gb at some point)
Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
Quadro FX 4800
WD Gold 12TB
WD Blue NVME 1TB
Corsair SF600

Soldato
Looking at shelving the stock fans as they're a racket. Looking at the Arctics, but wondering how do the Scythe Gentle Typhoons hold up nowadays? I've got 3 of those lying around.

Back
Top Bottom