NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I’m pulling what little hair I have out with fan connection issue. I am new to PC building and this is only my second build.

I have 6 fans to connect to a Gigabyte 550i AORUS PRO AX, which only has CPU_FAN and 2x SYS_FAN headers.

2x 140mm fans from 280 AIO (X63)
2x 120mm stock fans (Top exhaust)
2x 120mm ARTIC P12 Slim (Bottom intake)

Do I need a fan hub/controller?

I thought I’d sorted it earlier, but apparently not.

how would you experienced people go about connecting this setup up?

Does anyone have a similar setup?

Soldato
I’m pulling what little hair I have out with fan connection issue. I am new to PC building and this is only my second build.

I have 6 fans to connect to a Gigabyte 550i AORUS PRO AX, which only has CPU_FAN and 2x SYS_FAN headers.

2x 140mm fans from 280 AIO (X63)
2x 120mm stock fans (Top exhaust)
2x 120mm ARTIC P12 Slim (Bottom intake)

Do I need a fan hub/controller?

I thought I’d sorted it earlier, but apparently not.

how would you experienced people go about connecting this setup up?

Does anyone have a similar setup?

I would get some splitters and plug the AIO fans into the CPU fan, the 2 stock fans into one fan header and the 2 x Arctic P12s into another fan headers. I use Argus monitor to control my fans (I don’t have as many as you though).

Associate
I would get some splitters and plug the AIO fans into the CPU fan, the 2 stock fans into one fan header and the 2 x Arctic P12s into another fan headers. I use Argus monitor to control my fans (I don’t have as many as you though).
This is how I set it up tonight, but in the BIOS I was only seeing a reading on SYS_FAN 2? (Which are the bottom 2 Artic P12 Slim fans).

am I right in thinking the 2x 140 fans from the AIO and the 3 pin connection from the AIO cooler can all be plugged into CPU_FAN with a 3 way splitter?

thank you your assistance, it is much appreciated.

Soldato
This is how I set it up tonight, but in the BIOS I was only seeing a reading on SYS_FAN 2? (Which are the bottom 2 Artic P12 Slim fans).

am I right in thinking the 2x 140 fans from the AIO and the 3 pin connection from the AIO cooler can all be plugged into CPU_FAN with a 3 way splitter?

thank you your assistance, it is much appreciated.
Im assuming the AIO wire is just a speed sensor and the pump is powered from a data connection so all 3 probably can.

Associate
In NZXT software I was getting a reading for the pump.

I’ll turn it on again tomorrow and see how I get on, all fans were running before. I’m just not sure if I can set the speeds etc, in BIOS or elsewhere.

Soldato
OP
In NZXT software I was getting a reading for the pump.

I’ll turn it on again tomorrow and see how I get on, all fans were running before. I’m just not sure if I can set the speeds etc, in BIOS or elsewhere.

Grab Gigabyte SIV and use that to control your fan speeds.

Associate
Grab Gigabyte SIV and use that to control your fan speeds.
I've just downloaded SIV, and i'm still only seeing an RPM reading for SYS_FAN2?

However, all fans are spinning and TEMPS are low.

CPU_FAN has 2 x Noctua NF-A14 PWM on 280mm AIO (Showing 0 RPM)
SYS_FAN1 has the 2 stock fans in the top (Showing 0 RPM)
CPU Pump is showing in CAM, fluctuating between about 1800-2000, liquid temp 20 degrees.

Should I be getting readings for all headers? or does the fact I'm using cable splitters effect this?

Apologies for all the NOOB questions :(

Soldato
The fact you are using splitters shouldn’t impact it, only one of the RPM wires should be connected.

Does it report RPMs correctly if you just connect one fan?

Soldato
Yes you should. Running one fan on the AIO is fine so don’t worry about temps etc.

A few pictures of how you have the cables set up would help though.

It may be a configuration issue but we shouldn’t rule out things like dodgy splitters etc.

If each fan works individually and reports rpm correctly when plugged in on their own then the splitter may be dodgy.

Associate
I'm getting somewhere, I'm now seeing the readings in SIV and BIOS for SYS_FAN1 :)

The issue was, I was using the 3 way splitter provided with the CM NR200P (Comes with one red connection and 2 black connections). I was using the 2 black ones, I swapped one fan into the RED connection and now I'm seeing the RPM.

My AIO (X63) is connected to the CPU_FAN using the 3 way splitter that came with the X63. With 2x 140 fans and the 3 pin connector from the AIO cooler all connected to the splitter.

I've just tried it with a one fan only, still NO RPM reading.

Cheers for this help :)

Associate
Death to RGB.

Nothing crazy specs wise, but does everything I need. Gutted my NZXT H200 to transplant into this. Made a substantial bracket to hold an ATX power supply, unlike the usual cable tie/velcro bodge jobs that we've all seen.

- Ryzen 5 3600 with Be Quiet Dark Rock 4 cooler and 2x Arctic P12's (intake from rear)
- Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz DDR4
- Intel 512gb NVME
- Gigabyte GTX 1070 OC with Raijintek Morpheus cooler and 2x Artic P12's
- Seasonic M12 ATX PSU

Yet to add a exhaust fan up top, but my PSU is doing that for now.

9-C7-E06-DE-AB85-4-AB8-9-A87-E0-E8-DE62768-D.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting somewhere, I'm now seeing the readings in SIV and BIOS for SYS_FAN1 :)

The issue was, I was using the 3 way splitter provided with the CM NR200P (Comes with one red connection and 2 black connections). I was using the 2 black ones, I swapped one fan into the RED connection and now I'm seeing the RPM.

My AIO (X63) is connected to the CPU_FAN using the 3 way splitter that came with the X63. With 2x 140 fans and the 3 pin connector from the AIO cooler all connected to the splitter.

I've just tried it with a one fan only, still NO RPM reading.

Cheers for this help :)

There may be a similar thing happening here as the other splitter you have. You may have the pump plugged into the 'primary plug' which has the RPM wire connected (there can only be one wired to report RPM) and the pump may not be wired to report RPM if its reporting via USB. Personally I would just run the pump plugged into its own header running at 100%.

Associate
Been a bit since I posted here. Glad to see its still chugging along.

Only update for me is I went 280mm AIO with the NZXT Kraken Z63. Went this route in preparation for the SSUPD Meshlicious coming out. Though...I am kind of happy with how it is currently.

3d printing a top hat cover for it. Will post pics if it works out. Currently as it sits...the radiator/fans are sandwiched between the top frame.

The 3d model lets you reuse the tophat. I printed it and am using it but just haven't taken photos as it isn't complete.

https://imgur.com/a/vZK5wXa

Before with Cryorig H7 Quad lumi with 5900x. WOuld keep it under 75...but at 70+ the fans were going pretty much full beans. Despite being noctuas...I didnt like the fact they were going so fast/audible.

eAPnptB.jpg
BNeNH5s.jpg

After. 280mm NZXT Kraken Z63 AIO on top.

eFK3HbQ.jpg

Had to remove the top mount bar to sandwich the Rad/Fans in the top as the top opening isn't large enough to simply rest the AIO on the top of the case.

pI4zNZp.jpg

With tophat. The 3d model needs some work and I've contacted the designer/creator to let them know my thoughts since they did say it was a work in progress.

FiyGhjC.jpg
K8YrHX0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom