NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
I've been looking at a replacement air cooler. So my question is, when is the Mugen 5 Black Edition going to be available in the UK? It looks sweet and would be nice at home in the NR200P! :D Apparently available Q1 of 2021.

Associate
Update Custom Watercooling:

CPU: TechN AM4 Cooler (used original MSI backplate)
GPU: Bykski 3080FE Cooler
Pump: Alphacool D5
Reservoir: EK FLT 120
Radiator: 420 + 3x 140mm eLoop
GPU Backplate wont fit until i cut out some metal from it

Associate
NR200 on Air - Minimal RGB - DIY rear filter

Specs:
R5 3600 @ 4.2Ghz - 1.22v
Asus RTX 3070 TUF - UV 1900Mhz @ 0.862v +1000MHZ RAM
Asus ROG STRIX B550i Gaming
Patriot Viper 16GB 4400Mhz RAM (Running @ 3600Mhz - CL14-16-16-36 1.42v)
Corsair SF70 PSU
Scythe Mugen 5 Cooler
2 x Arctic P12's in the roof (Place holders until the Scythe Kaze Flex 1200RPM fans are in stock)

Had a H1 which i returned for a refund and got this instead.
The 3070 TUF kicks out a lot of warm air so running the CPU fan as intake (pulling through the heatsink from the back panel) was preferable. Created the rear dust filter from the spare metal side panel mesh, had to remove the vertical GPU slots to fit it nicely (just modelling a 3d printed blanking plate to go in its place) .
Nice clean and silent system. Its virtually inaudible even when gaming. At full load in game the CPU will only touch 62 with fan ramping up to ~1000RPM. GPU with custom fan curve will hit 60c max at about 60% fan speed in AB.
The roof fans get up to a capped 925rpm, at 1000rpm the P12 motor gives off a hum that resonates against the plastic roof. The motor noise disappears at 1150rpm but i don't need them to get that fast.

Will look at de-shrouding the GPU and printing a duct for some bottom mounted fans at some point. Given the current temps and noise though i might give that a miss.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got my NR200 build finished.

CPU: Ryzen 5600X
CPU Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-224-XT (with 2 x Arctic P12 fans)
PSU: Corsair SF750
Memory: 2 x 16GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200MHz (o/c to 3600MHz)
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ OC 6800XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 256Gb NVMe (for Windows) and Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe (for games)
Case Fans: 2 x Lian Li 120 Uni Fans

I was initially using the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with an Arctic P12 fan on it. While it was decent (temps around 77c when gaming), I still felt like I was leaving some cooling performance on the table. I read that the ID Cooling coolers were great coolers, weren't too expensive and the SE-224-XT did fit when using the glass side panel. Using that cooler now, my CPU temps are now around 10c lower. My GPU temps have increased slightly (4/5c) but are still well within spec (sitting around upper 70s). I added the Lian Li Uni fans up the top of the case for some subtle RGB lighting. While I'm a fan (no pun intended!) of how they are built and fit together, I'm not so much a fan of the actual fans themselves. They won't go lower than 800 rpm and can be quite loud at higher RPMs. So I may still change these fans out. I may give the Arctic BioniX P120 A-RGB fans a go.

The only outstanding issue I have is being unable to control the Crucial Ballistix RGB. It's currently on its strobing colour changing pattern which is distracting. I've tried using RGB Fusion and Crucials own MOD software and neither can control the RGB. Crucial are allegedly working on a fix so hopefully I'll have that resolved soon and can then control the RGB better.

Soldato
The only outstanding issue I have is being unable to control the Crucial Ballistix RGB. It's currently on its strobing colour changing pattern which is distracting. I've tried using RGB Fusion and Crucials own MOD software and neither can control the RGB. Crucial are allegedly working on a fix so hopefully I'll have that resolved soon and can then control the RGB better.

I had the same issue, Armoury Crate worked for me!

Soldato
I had the same issue, Armoury Crate worked for me!
Yeah I tried that but I couldn't live with the amount of garbage it installs on your PC. It installs so much junk that you need to download another app to uninstall it all. Crucial have told me they think they have it resolved and are working to get an updated MOD app out.

I also just remembered, I can't use the Arctic BioniX fans as they are 30mm thick. I would be able to get one fan in but not really much point.

Soldato
I had horrific vibration with the sickleflow fans even with orings so i bought some arctic p12's to replace them.
They are fairly quiet at high rpm but when spun down at idle they seem to make an annoying whiring kind of noise.
I Replaced them with some Noctua redux fans and wish I had just bought them in the first place. They are louder at the same rpm but there's zero vibration or motor noise from them unlike the others.

Soldato
I had horrific vibration with the sickleflow fans even with orings so i bought some arctic p12's to replace them.
They are fairly quiet at high rpm but when spun down at idle they seem to make an annoying whiring kind of noise.
I Replaced them with some Noctua redux fans and wish I had just bought them in the first place. They are louder at the same rpm but there's zero vibration or motor noise from them unlike the others.
The Arctic P12s are known to have a motor hum noise around 900-1000rpm. Outside of those speeds, they are as silent as the Noctuas. Guess it depends how much you want to spend on fans.

Soldato
The Arctic P12s are known to have a motor hum noise around 900-1000rpm. Outside of those speeds, they are as silent as the Noctuas. Guess it depends how much you want to spend on fans.

Which is fine at high rpm's on load but I want silence when idle which they are not capable of providing due to the mentioned vibrations. Even outside of the 900-1000 rpm range there is noticeably more vibration from the top panel.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Been fine for me. I just run them at minimum RPM at idle, and have a fast ramp to take me over the 900-1000 range.

Yeah, the Noctua A12x25 are better. But they're not 5x better. £100 for four of the Noctua fans is madness.

Associate
Yeah I tried that but I couldn't live with the amount of garbage it installs on your PC. It installs so much junk that you need to download another app to uninstall it all. Crucial have told me they think they have it resolved and are working to get an updated MOD app out.

I also just remembered, I can't use the Arctic BioniX fans as they are 30mm thick. I would be able to get one fan in but not really much point.

I uninstalled Armoury Crate and all the **** it came with after trying it out and i couldn't believe it but my CPU temperatures dropped 10C. It was doing something screwy with voltages or something i think.

Associate
Anyone know where I can find fan mounting clips for a slim fan on a Scythe cooler? Can only fit a slim fan on the Mugen 5 as a second fan in the NR200P but cannot find a fan clip to make it work.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know where I can find fan mounting clips for a slim fan on a Scythe cooler? Can only fit a slim fan on the Mugen 5 as a second fan in the NR200P but cannot find a fan clip to make it work.

:D

71BA%2B3gXyjL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Soldato
Been fine for me. I just run them at minimum RPM at idle, and have a fast ramp to take me over the 900-1000 range.

Yeah, the Noctua A12x25 are better. But they're not 5x better. £100 for four of the Noctua fans is madness.

I agree with you, thats why i bought the redux fans at £12.50, the price is much easier to stomach.

Back
Top Bottom