NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Decided my NR200P needed jazzing up a bit, so installed a couple of Phanteks Neon RGB strips to light it all up. Originally got the 1m version, but this was impossible to route around the small interior. Replaced with the 2x40cm versions which I have daisy chained to the single onboard LED Header on the Motherboard and stuck to the outside of the case fans. As an added bonus, I was able to daisy chain the original 1m cable and have now stuck this along the back of my desk. Ambience mode engaged! Raptor also added because I like dinosaurs (who doesn't?).

Soldato
OP
We should swap monitors :p LG UC99 (white & silver) here, spoiling a black and grey set-up.

That looks really good with the two neon strips. I've got the 1m strip routed around the window panel. I think your method looks better TBH; the lighting is even deep in to the case.

Associate
We should swap monitors :p LG UC99 (white & silver) here, spoiling a black and grey set-up.

That looks really good with the two neon strips. I've got the 1m strip routed around the window panel. I think your method looks better TBH; the lighting is even deep in to the case.

That is a nice looking monitor. I did consider it, but wanted the higher refresh rate on the ASUS (still only 100 fps to be fair though).

I also at first tried using the 1m to go around the window panel. But I couldn't find good enough places to stick it down and I didn't like how the lights pointed in. It looked a mess if honest, but showed me that RGB was a potential winner.

Sticking the pads to the fans was the only way I could work out how to get the Neon strips in. Had to cut them down to stick to the slim fans at the bottom. Very pleased with the end result.

Associate
Is it me or does the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm seem to fit better than 240mm? Seems the way the tubes can run they can go up side of PSU bracket and over and to the pump block and not be squished against the PSU bracket. Anyone got any thoughts?

Associate
Is it me or does the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm seem to fit better than 240mm? Seems the way the tubes can run they can go up side of PSU bracket and over and to the pump block and not be squished against the PSU bracket. Anyone got any thoughts?
fitting the actual rad needs a more open! case approach but happy enough with how mines fitted
de2GNDi.jpg

Associate
Mine came a few weeks ago and i've shoved a mugen in there with the mesh panel.
Love the case and it's perfect for my style of building (lazy and squishing cables), unfortunately I broke 1 of the quick release clips on day 2 though when i was trying to mount an ssd on the front and they dont give you spares which is pretty annoying.

Soldato
OP
Mine came a few weeks ago and i've shoved a mugen in there with the mesh panel.
Love the case and it's perfect for my style of building (lazy and squishing cables), unfortunately I broke 1 of the quick release clips on day 2 though when i was trying to mount an ssd on the front and they dont give you spares which is pretty annoying.

You may have already discovered this, but the side panels can be screwed in place. There are screw holes under the top panel. So if you break a clip, you can still secure the side(s).

Associate
Hey all! New member here, finally worked up the nerve to join and show my Nr200. Came from a CM Q300L, loving the NR case! Please excuse my lack of cable management. Awaiting parts for custom cables.
Whats-App-Image-2021-04-12-at-1-46-16-PM-5.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2021-04-12-at-1-46-16-PM.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2021-04-12-at-1-46-16-PM-1.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2021-04-12-at-1-46-16-PM-3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Updated my rig a couple of weeks ago when I managed to snag a 3090 FE. So fitted that, along with a custom cable rather than the supplied nVidia cable. I removed the Lian Li Uni fans from the top and put in 2 x Arctic P12s. I also put 2 x Scythe Kaze Flex Slim fans in the bottom below the 3090 to help it keep cool.

Still don't have control of the RGB on my memory sticks yet! Wish I had stuck with the non RGB versions of these sticks!

Soldato
Hey all! New member here, finally worked up the nerve to join and show my Nr200. Came from a CM Q300L, loving the NR case! Please excuse my lack of cable management. Awaiting parts for custom cables.

Whats-App-Image-2021-04-12-at-1-46-16-PM-3.jpg

is that a 3.5 in the front of the case? Had no idea they could fir there aswell.

Associate
I would wait for the Mugen 5 Black personally. The MA612 and NH-U12A won;t fit with the tempered glass side panel if that is what you wanted to use.

The Fuma 2 is great, but then you can't see the RAM.

Personal choices however.

I love my NH-U12A. A really high quality piece of kit and the most powerful CPU cooler that even gives AIO's a run for their money.

I had wanted to use the tempered glass side panel originally but the novelty soon wore off and seeing how much it gimped air flow I don't regret my decision.

resized-image-Promo-1.jpg

gDTMSVd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom