NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
Here's a few options:

Perforated side panel (<155mm)
Scythe Fuma 2 (probably the best cooler that will fit)
Noctua U12A (confirmed to fit by CM rep, despite being over spec)
Noctua C14S (dual 140mm fans should fit on this without problems)

Widow panel (<153mm)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 33
Noctua U9S

Still a lot of question marks with this case though. If the U12A fits, then the listed clearances are on the conservative side (for the perforated panel, at least). So what else might fit?

Also quite interested to find out exactly how much space there is in the bottom. At one point in the OT review, the case is shown off with a Strix card and 25mm thick fans. That means there's at least 79mm of clearance down there, which is enough to put an AIO under my 5700 XT (with slim fans and enough room to breathe).

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still hoping there will be a way to get 2x 240mm radiators in the top and bottom whilst using the side window. Even if the one at the top is a slim radiator for clearance. Would make a really nice compact watercooled setup with decent cooling potential, plus will look great!
I've pretty much set on my next build being a custom waterloop with cpu + gfx included, going to be pricy! :D

Associate
I'm going to attempt to use two 120 to 140 adapters so I can run 2x140 fans (intake) at the bottom. There should be enough room with my 2 slot 2080ti. Then a 240 aio on the side (intake) then 2x120 on the roof as exhaust.

Associate
I’ll be going for the NR200P too, from my current NZXT H200. I’ll use the glass side but probably won’t use the riser cable (seems a shame to block the nice NZXT pump I’ll be using).

I’m hoping I can mount a 240mm AIO rad up top and then I’ll custom make a mount to hold my current ATX PSU to the front. I’ll also consider boxing out this front part of the case so the heat from the PSU does not interfere and to help with cable management

Are we thinking these could arrive in stock around the 19th then?

Associate
I may purchase the White/glass version, I have the "arctic freezer 34 esports duo, White Edition" 157mm in height :)

The Corsair SF750 I purchase 2 of them a year so ago, £128, 0db up to over 350w then silent RPM activates

Last edited:
Associate
This case does look interesting.

I currently have a Define Nano S which is quiet but has limited airflow and in particular the GPU intake is close to the PSU but I've been OK with a blower which has its intake away from the bracket end. The renders of next gen GPU show a single intake close to the bracket end and the exhaust on the other side and at the far end so this might work OK with the NR200P as its airflow seems to favour bottom to top. Maybe the PSU position on the side exhausts into the case though, but hopefully upwards close to the top vent. The other rumoured feature of the next GPUs are the 12 pin power connector so that's going to depend on the SFX makers releasing a cable for it - a benefit of modular cables.

The first of the video reviews were getting some better thermals with the solid side panel so it's great that the NR200P comes with both so we can experiment. Both reviewers suggest that if the case were just a few mm wider more air coolers would fit. I've never been brave enough to go water cooling but in any case it's removing the heat from the GPU that's always seems to be the biggest problem. There's no case front type C but the most interesting new ITX board - B550i Aorus Pro - doesnt have a type C internal header anyway.

Soldato
Looking at the area with mounting holes on the front and PSU cover, I wonder if there's enough space to mount a pump/res and still have enough space to clear a side mounted 280mm rad with fans? Potentially 240mm with slim fans at the bottom, 280mm on the side, CPU and GPU blocks and pump res at the front?

Soldato
OP
I’m hoping I can mount a 240mm AIO rad up top and then I’ll custom make a mount to hold my current ATX PSU to the front. I’ll also consider boxing out this front part of the case so the heat from the PSU does not interfere and to help with cable management

Are you not maybe over-estimating the space available here?

The X52's radiator is 275mm long and 30mm thick. An 86mm tall PSU isn't going to fit next to it. So the PSU will have to go underneath. At minimum, an ATX PSU is 140mm long. If you forego one of the radiator's fans then you might just clear the GPU. A modular PSU may need low profile connectors and unsleeved cables.

Or are you using a short GPU?

Also, the stock fan bracket in the top is plastic and tool-less. You'd probably need to make a new one to fit a radiator.

Yep 157mm the max Height before hitting the side panel , i just get away with the freezer 34

You sure you can use 157mm with the glass panel?

Last edited:
Associate
I’ll be going for the NR200P too, from my current NZXT H200. I’ll use the glass side but probably won’t use the riser cable (seems a shame to block the nice NZXT pump I’ll be using).

Are we thinking these could arrive in stock around the 19th then?
Only update I have on the stock arrival in "Soon" If i get a solid ETA I will post it in here and let you all know.

Associate
The only difference is Glass or Metal panel, same case/ frame where the panels push in :)

But yes there is a possibility that the glass panel that fixed inside of the metal frame will take up more room due to the say 3mm thickness of the glass

Also, the arctic freezer might need turning around so the warm air is pushed out the top of the case
have to see about that.

Otherwise, if all goes bad, I will use the AMD Ryzen Wraith Prism RGB or the Big Shuriken 3
on the 3700x

Last edited:
Associate
Will post my hardware build.
Hope this case not short supply & have to wait months
I Mean look at the NZXT Hot 1 ITX Case, still not in stock freely after months.
but that may be due to that case comes with PSU & AIO so less stock to go around.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Will post my hardware build.
Hope this case not short supply & have to wait months
I Mean look at the NZXT Hot 1 ITX Case, still not in stock freely after months.
but that may be due to that case comes with PSU & AIO so less stock to go around.

The reps said they delayed it to avoid this.

Then again, the reps said the case would go live for ordering straight after the reviews were published. They also said stock would be sent out this week. So...

Back
Top Bottom