NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I was going to look into 3d printing something specific for slim fans but clevis pins seem to do the trick just fine.

Also informative video. I especially enjoy him drinking 'Gin' straight from the bottle with a straw.

Interesting results with the glass/mesh panel as well. GPU seemed to be fine...it was CPU that was hindered. Of course this is because you are starving the radiator since it was side mounted for some of the testing.

Associate
Watercooled vertical mount GPU - is this possible? I haven't seen anyone do it and can only assume it isn't possible; maybe due to vertical height / tube connection restrictions??

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

Associate
Hey all, I've been admiring all your builds for a while, they all look fantastic. I was wondering if anyone tried using a asrock B550M-ITX/ac in the nr200p and if there has been any incompatibility due to awkward cpu postioning as with some other mobos? thanks

Associate
@***F1ZZY*** It's possible, you would need to see how to do the termination though. Either in towards CPU or up to top of case. Problem is more where do you put the radiators. One 240 radiator on the bottom for both GPU and CPU would make it run quite warm. Also, depending on GPU length, there wont be space for pump/reservoir, so you'd need to use a cpu block with a pump in it.

I was thinking to possibly have a radiator at the top (on top of the case, with normal 25mm fans inside the case), would have course needs a bit of modding to get the holes for the tubing to go through. But this would allow a 240 at the top and bottom at proper thickness.

Top would have course be something if I were to do the TG panel. If I were to just do vented panel I'd have a 280 on the side.

Soldato
Impressive getting the dual rads in there, even if one is missing a fan. Good to know it's possible without having to resort to extensive modding!

Is it just me that finds the love of matt black tubing in ITX rigs odd? Seems to be the done thing at the moment and take away from the interest in using water cooling imo!

Soldato
OP
Watercooled vertical mount GPU - is this possible? I haven't seen anyone do it and can only assume it isn't possible; maybe due to vertical height / tube connection restrictions??

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

Cooler Master show it off with a vertical GPU on the product page. So it would be weird if it didn't work.

Associate
Impressive getting the dual rads in there, even if one is missing a fan. Good to know it's possible without having to resort to extensive modding!

Is it just me that finds the love of matt black tubing in ITX rigs odd? Seems to be the done thing at the moment and take away from the interest in using water cooling imo!

He's only missing a fan because he doesn't have it yet ;) He's waiting for it to arrive and will then add the extra fan.
In regards to the black tubing, it's one of the things that looks super stupid if you ask me. If you are going for the whole tempered glass side panel and custom loop, you'd want the stuff to look good.... If you are going for the vented panel and just want good cooling, sure, matt black tubes all you want.

Do you need top fans with a fully water cooled system? If you do, it's going to come down to the height of the GPU. Most likely some will fit and some won't.

You'd still want to get rid of the hot air, so fans would still be preferred for the airflow. Looking at the Cooler Master promo picture front fan is blocked because of the power cables from the GPU and rear fan is blocked because of the termination. I thought this would be lower, but I guess the cards are wider than I thought. That means you really would only have the bottom radiator with its fans and nothing else. Might want to put a REALLY fat radiator then :p
All depends on space though, Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 would probably then only fit with thin fans, so may as well have a 30mm thick with 25mm fans. Doubt a Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 would fit :D

Associate
Hey all, I've been admiring all your builds for a while, they all look fantastic. I was wondering if anyone tried using a asrock B550M-ITX/ac in the nr200p and if there has been any incompatibility due to awkward cpu postioning as with some other mobos? thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comm...help/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

@toge This post seems to say that the asrock has a lower cpu location similar to the asus and msi so top fan shouldn't be an issue.

Soldato
OP
You'd still want to get rid of the hot air, so fans would still be preferred for the airflow. Looking at the Cooler Master promo picture front fan is blocked because of the power cables from the GPU and rear fan is blocked because of the termination. I thought this would be lower, but I guess the cards are wider than I thought. That means you really would only have the bottom radiator with its fans and nothing else. Might want to put a REALLY fat radiator then :p
All depends on space though, Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 would probably then only fit with thin fans, so may as well have a 30mm thick with 25mm fans. Doubt a Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 would fit :D

CM are using the rad fans for exhaust, which is probably the only way to do this. Always the option of putting slim fans between the top mesh and the frame though (discussed over past couple of pages). Could likely fit a full size fan in the front if 180 degree power adapters are used.

Associate
Oh, I thought the comments said it would clash with the clips for the RAM? Looks like it would. I'll reread tomorrow when I'm more awake!
Apologies, you are completely right.

Also, the tabs to release the RAM prevented having the 4th Noctua fan to be installed. No issues with temps with only 3 fans, though.

Which I read as....
having the 4th Noctua fan to be installed. No issues with temps with only 3 fans, though.

So looks like you were more awake (or just less lazy) than me ;)
Reddit new lined it at that point and I didn't read back the most important bit :p

Back
Top Bottom