NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Man if I was in UK I'd print these for you guys. Seems to fit just fine on my Prusa Mini.

Of course my EVGA ATX PSU is >160mm and my GPU is >240mm so this doesn't help me.

Still waiting for my SFX PSU and NR200P...hopefully they both arrive late this month/early october.

Associate
Well I have preordered a EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming so will be interesting to see how it goes in this case.
Amazing you managed to get a hold of one, most places are so out of stock they dont even do pre-order for it ;) It says 300 mm in the specs and our case should fit 330 mm, so it should fit, may need to fiddle a bit with cabling depending on what you have in it now.
I'm tempted with the Asus TUF Gaming OC version, which is also 300 mm.

Unlike the MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G which is 335 mm.... I wonder if the 330 mm max is true or kind of flexible like the CPU heights :rolleyes:

Associate
Amazing you managed to get a hold of one, most places are so out of stock they dont even do pre-order for it ;) It says 300 mm in the specs and our case should fit 330 mm, so it should fit, may need to fiddle a bit with cabling depending on what you have in it now.

Unlike the MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G which is 335 mm.... I wonder if the 330 mm max is true or kind of flexible like the CPU heights :rolleyes:

I will believe it when I see it on my desk. ETA is roughly 6 weeks they reckon so guess we will see. Hoping by then a few more reviews will be out. It's a ridiculously big GPU but everything I have read says it will fit easily enough.

Associate

After seeing the reviews I am also really interested in the Asus TUF. Should fit easily in our cases and some reviews have shown a temperature delta using "performance" mode of up to 15c vs the Founders Edition. Plus even in its "quiet" mode it only got up to low 70s but was still several degrees cooler than other models.

Associate
Associate
The 'machines and more' channel videos are very interesting as the systems he builds are close to what we might want ourselves. The other tech channels tend to have massive water cooled cases - or even open air - with either top end processors or top end GPUs for their benchmarking.

At the moment the NR200, 750W SFX PSU, and of course GPUs are all pretty hard to get, and the next AMD CPU isnt even announced yet, so there's plenty of time to watch videos and read about other peoples rigs

The triple fan 3080s seem to have low GPU temps against the FE but I still think the FE is worth thinking about for the NR200 and hopefully machines and more will be able to test one. It blows perhaps half the heat out the case and the rest upwards. The 3080 seems to be power rather than thermal limited so runs the same at 70C as it does at 60C - but the CPU does not want its temp raised at all.

I normally run at 85% GPU power limit anyway, I think the last few percent of fps have had a high power cost on the 3080.

Back
Top Bottom