NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
so you used shorter motherboards standoffs?
This is the most affordable way. You can also grind off with a dremel to the desired height.
But I just used long screws instead of standoffs to adjust the desired height with washers.
As you have reversed the top fans did you also reverse the psu fan?
I tried a revers PSU fan to blow out the air. For tests, I attached a thermal sensor to the radiator. In this position, the temperature was higher by 8-9 degrees Celsius.
Finally left the fan to intake air, but replaced the Corsair SF 600 gold fan with a Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap. I connected it to the motherboard and adjusted the RPM from the GPU temperature. Because the airflow from the PSU fan is stronger, the top fans do not push it back.
Seeing his power connector is at the top, I'd say no and left PSU in default orientation.
I am planning to test with an inverted PSU orientation. But I think the GPU VRM temperature will rise a lot.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Associate
This is the most affordable way. You can also grind off with a dremel to the desired height.
But I just used long screws instead of standoffs to adjust the desired height with washers.

I tried a revers PSU fan to blow out the air. For tests, I attached a thermal sensor to the radiator. In this position, the temperature was higher by 8-9 degrees Celsius.
Finally left the fan to intake air, but replaced the Corsair SF 600 gold fan with a Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap. I connected it to the motherboard and adjusted the RPM from the GPU temperature. Because the airflow from the PSU fan is stronger, the top fans do not push it back.

I am planning to test with an inverted PSU orientation. But I think the GPU VRM temperature will rise a lot.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

did you face any issue with i/o shield alignment?

Associate
Part way through my build now. I have opted for the Sycthe Mugen 5 RevB cooler as I wanted to use the glass side panel. Happy to say it fits perfectly with about 1-2mm gap between the heat pipes and the glass.

Cable management has gone well so far thanks to the wife's smaller hands. We did find it hard to bend the cables without exerting too much pressure on the MB connections. I am also planning to swap the 2 PCI cables to the GPU with ones that only have a single connector. This will make it look much tidier when my RTX 3080 eventually dispatches.

Rest of the build is on hold until I have the new cables as well as some fans. I will use my 1070 as a temporary solution until the 3080 arrrives.

In-progress-1.jpg" alt="In-progress-1

Associate
did you face any issue with i/o shield alignment?
No. Right at point blank range.

But there is a nuisance for the owners of Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac.
The heat pipes of the cooler rest against the vrm heatsink.

It is necessary to remove a few mm from the three ribs.

Associate
With the ATX bracket coming out - this case looks very enticing.

I have a Dark Rock 4 cooler and it's 1mm too big. Now looking at the side panel, it seems to be just mesh metal. Is this something I could bend outwards (hammer and a piece of wood) to make fit?

Soldato
Part way through my build now. I have opted for the Sycthe Mugen 5 RevB cooler as I wanted to use the glass side panel. Happy to say it fits perfectly with about 1-2mm gap between the heat pipes and the glass.

Is that a B550i Pro AX?

Did you do anything to special to get the cooler to fit or just plonked it straight in and its fine, have you installed the glass panel and the clearance is definitely there? I might order one if the answer is yes to all of the above!

Doesn't make sense though because the Fuma 2 is the same height and that cant be installed with the glass panel without modification

Associate
Is that a B550i Pro AX?

Did you do anything to special to get the cooler to fit or just plonked it straight in and its fine, have you installed the glass panel and the clearance is definitely there? I might order one if the answer is yes to all of the above!

Yes that is the Gigabyte B550I Pro AX. The cooler fits no problem at all and I have had the glass panel on. It's tight, like 1-2 mm, but the heatpipes are not touching the glass.

Soldato
Yes that is the Gigabyte B550I Pro AX. The cooler fits no problem at all and I have had the glass panel on. It's tight, like 1-2 mm, but the heatpipes are not touching the glass.

Ok thanks, I wonder why the Fuma 2 doesn't fit then if its the same height, strange

Is there a reason why you've flipped it?

Associate
Here is a picture of the clearance with the glass. It is tight, potentially just 1mm.

Glass-clearance.jpg

Here is a picture of the top fan clearance. The protective grate that comes with the NR200p case fans actually touches the cooler. However, I can still close the lid fully without any bowing. I will probably try and omit the protective grate when I come to fitting the fans properly.

Top-fan-clearance.jpg

Soldato
@JClarke

Thanks for taking the pictures it's much appreciated, the glass is tight I really am wondering if some will fit and some won't just die to slight difference between components even when they are the exact same part

The fan grill you should hopefully be able to remove but at least it fits, I would be concerned about vibrations but if it's removed and the pins still do their job then hopefully there will be a gap between the two

I'm wanting to order the cooler now, shame I'm not in tomorrow for delivery so I'll have a think if I want to risk it or not, can't really be throwing £50 away at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom