NTL 10Mb Upgrades Starting Tonight?!

Associate
any ideas how the limits work with NTL atm? Were on there 3meg package and have definately done more than 30gig last month. Do you get charged extra? Or just dropped onto a slower line?

Soldato
Don't know if I got this upgrade or not as I am on a 3Mb connection but have only been paying for 2Mb.

I upgraded to 3Mb via the internet a couple of months ago but they carried on charging me for 2Mb - the connection speed was still at 3Mb last time I checked though (about a couple of weeks ago) :)

I gave them a call about a month ago and told them I was moving to BT because they were cheaper... obviously they didn't want to lose such a valued customer so they have now given me 3 months free connection and then I only have to pay £14.99 per month after that for my 2Mb connection. (had no intention of moving really :p )

This will be a double bubble if they have upgraded me to 10Mb - can't wait to check when I get home :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I got 10 Meg WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO :D :p :cool:

I just got of the phone to them and have been upgrade and also told that its not a promotion it is Permanent.
Get on the phone guys. Simple as that.

Associate
OP
If CS refuse to upgrade you, tell them to re-read their emails. They have been told that if people ask for the upgrade they are to give it.

Automatic upgrades for 3meg customers wont happen until December.

Associate
The CS lass I talked to said that all of the lines would be upgraded by 1st of Jan. When I asked her about the caps she said that she didn't have the information about that. As a thought I should have asked if a 3Mb user gets more bandwith over a 2Mb user. That could be an intreasting question to ask.

Associate
Those of you who are on 10mbit, count yourselves lucky. I've spoken to three different CS people and each one has given me the same story. It'll happen sometime in December and those people who have already been boosted, shouldn't have been.

Oh and that the monthly cap is 75gb, which sounds reasonable to me.

Permabanned
75Gb cap is rubbish :mad: I do 75Gigs in a few days on 2Mb. Once you have downloaded a few different Linux Distros and streamed some high quality video your gonna be getting near that cap after a few weeks!!

Soldato
Fred_Or_Dead said:
75Gb cap is rubbish :mad: I do 75Gigs in a few days on 2Mb. Once you have downloaded a few different Linux Distros and streamed some high quality video your gonna be getting near that cap after a few weeks!!

Well a few weeks = a month, so you're all right then aren't you, as its a 75Gb/month cap ;)

Associate
Is it true that all the 3 teirs are going to be connected at 10Mbit, but there will just be caps on the download relating to which package you have?

Associate
i guess everyone will eventually be upgraded to 10meg and either be capped or throttled back to a lower speed by NTL. (actually not sure if thats poss on cable )

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
So what your Basically saying then is MY 10 MEG CONNECTION OWNS aren't you. :p

I am sure you can all forgive my willy waving and would be just as pleased as i am.
I really cannot beleive i have a 10meg connection of my own in my house for my system and my use. :D

Of to run round the house singing i have 10meg i have 10 meg i have 10 meg.

;)

:o So. Do i care. Do i . LoL.

Permabanned
.SJ said:
Linux distros. How original! You must have a full catalogue by now.

Actually I have :rolleyes: Below is just one of my folders of different Linux Distributions, I have half a dozen or so similar folders.

linux4rr.png

So yeah a 75Gb cap for me would be ubber lame as I download Open Source 24-7

Caporegime
A random name said:
Just phoned up cs... and they've told me i have to wait untill the end of the month to get the upgrade :(

Same here, even though my brother rang up a few mins beforehand and got his upgraded instantly. :mad: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom