NTL 10Mb Upgrades Starting Tonight?!

Soldato
grrr... aparently the scottish woman i've just spoke to say they have 2 accounts, a billing and a "provisional" account.

aparently the option to upgrade is on the provisional account, but not the billion account, and it needs to be both otherwise they arent allowed to upgrade?

aparently those on 10MB will experience instabilities in the service if they have been upraded already...

the woman was saying how they are being told not to upgrade and they are being kept in the dark about any other details.

ah well was worth a try...

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Glasgow office is the one you want.
They have been advised properly and are who give me my 10meg upgrade instantly.
A phone call and a modem reboot was all that was needed.

Associate
ntl.jpg

Brighton has it :D

Associate
OP
I hate to say this, but I think STB users are the last on ntl's list for the upgrade.

As far as I know, it's 3meg sacm users by the end of December, followed by 1 and 2meg sacm users early 2006 and then the STB users. I may be wrong, but I don't think they'll be upgrading STB users before the end of the year.

Now, if you persuade them to give you a cablemodem for your net access....

Last edited:
Soldato
malc30 said:
Glasgow office is the one you want.
They have been advised properly and are who give me my 10meg upgrade instantly.
A phone call and a modem reboot was all that was needed.

Is there a direct number for the Glasgow office?

* Just tried again, they certainly had a Scottish accent but no go :(

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Associate
went to the autoreg, clicked on upgrade,rebooted modem and bang 10meg

took less than 1min :)

upload is around 56kb/sec on dc++ but yet to test out the download

my router is gonna take a bashing with all these new connections

Soldato
colin said:

Can you post a link to where you did that, if I try from the "Uprade your speed" from the NTLWORLD site I get

login to ntl: Broadband Internet - Connection Speed Upgrade
Unable to upgrade your connection speed

We are sorry that your current package or connection speed is not appropriate for an online speed upgrade. Please call customer support on 0800 052 2000 for further assistance with changing your service level.

HEADRAT

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I will make the dudes name available that upgraded me to anyone that contacts me directly.

Headrat check your mail dude.

Its stupid that some get and others dont. What a balls up.

Soldato
malc30 said:
Dangerous. Its done dude.
Also why can i not send private messages to peeps on the forums. Is it enabled or do i need special priviliges or summit.

PMs are not switched on for users. Admins/Dons/Ubs only :)

Doesnt matter about the email. Just got through to customer services and said all STB users will have to switch over to SACM as the STB can only handle 8meg?

Mines ordered for Wednesday and 10meg goes live straight away :)

SUCCESS!

Associate
OP
colin said:
I think this only works for people currently on the 1 or 2 meg packages. Although remember if you are currently paying 24.99 or whatever for 2 meg, and use the online upgrade, then your next bill will be for 37.99.

Associate
Well, on Wednesday i phoned NTL up after hearing about the 10mb connection (currently on 3mb) and i was told by customer services that i was unable to receive the upgrade, and it was only available to new customers. I phoned again later on because other people were claiming to have been upgraded to 10mb, and i spoke to a guy who said i could get the 10mb and he would sent the new config file to my modem. He told me to shutdown the computer and power off the modem for about 30 seconds, then switch it back on. I did this and i wasn't on 10mb....Now it's Friday and i still hadn't got it. So i phoned up about 20 minutes ago and explained what had happened, she explained that it was only available to new customers, but since i had been told i could get it, she would upgrade me. Shutdown the computer and powered the modem off and i'm now on 10mb...well i think it's about 8-9mb because people have been saying the Terayon TJ210 can't handle the full 10mb connection. But if not too bothered, they can give me a new modem when they start contacting existing customers about the upgrade.

Been getting speeds of 1.06mb/s, with upload of 62kb/s. :D

Soldato
OK NTL now seem to have now resorted to just lying, just spoke to CS again and explained that other people have been upgraded and even though it may just be a pilot could I be upgraded (as I'm a long term NTL customer and have had broadband since 1999). The guy I spoke to said that nobody has been upgraded and that none of the current modems could support 10Mbs, so I said "so your telling me you going to have to replace everybody's modems" and he said "exactly"!!!

:mad:

HEADRAT

Back
Top Bottom