NTL in trials of a 100Mb service

Soldato
Well at university (leeds) the halls have 100mbs to everyroom, mine in particular used a laser link to connect to uni with. this did give lan like gaming all the time (except at 12 - 2 when everyone + dog checked there e-mails) i was able to download everything whenever and was great, fast way of filling 200 gb of crap :p.

Associate
At work we use the same system as ntl to put HSIA into hotels these units can do a full 100mb's for each 12 ports without any problem as long as they put fibre into these units (current unit has gig in) then it would be ok can't see them replacing this system as TV and internet come over the same cable.

Soldato
perplex said:
what's the latest on this?

BT are trialing a FTTH (Fibre to the home) connection. It doesnt mean they are gonig to think about releasing it anytime soon though im afraid. All these high speed trials are that, simply trials. They may never be released

I personnally think we will see a 100mbit/sec NTL connection within 5 years.

Associate
OK 5 years is reasonable for 100mbit/s connections IF upload is atleast 10mbit/s also. Maybe even full-duplex? considering sweden has had 100/100 for about 5 years now.

Back
Top Bottom