NTL internet connectivity issues

Soldato
Ping 127.0.0.1 for loopback testing to test weather it's a TCP/IP issue that may be with the ISP. If you get undelivered packets then that might be your problem.

Try nslookup in cmd and note the IPs of the sites you want to visit. Then ping the IPs of the sites. If no reply then by long shot its the sites, otherwise its your side :)

Associate
eXSBass said:
Ping 127.0.0.1 for loopback testing to test weather it's a TCP/IP issue that may be with the ISP. If you get undelivered packets then that might be your problem.

Try nslookup in cmd and note the IPs of the sites you want to visit. Then ping the IPs of the sites. If no reply then by long shot its the sites, otherwise its your side :)

We've already established it's NTL.

EVERY NTL customer in the country is having this problem.

Man of Honour
Borked here too. I actually really did soil myself when I saw all those sites were down. First thought was "Must....... be.......apocalypse".

Can't connect to MSN messenger either.

Oh, and BF2 just died aswell.

Commissario
that's a bit of a relief, i'm trying to reinstall windows on a friends machine here, and i thought it had a borked nic :p

I couldn't access nvidia, MS update or various other sites (i'm currently able to access them intermittently).

Permabanned
Zefan said:
Borked here too. I actually really did soil myself when I saw all those sites were down. First thought was "Must....... be.......apocalypse".

Can't connect to MSN messenger either.

Oh, and BF2 just died aswell.

Yeah when a load of main sites like bbc/ebay/google werent working but forums etc were, for a split second I did kind of get an excited feeling that something big had happened, like some super virus hehe
....but then I remembered my ISP was ntl.....

Soldato
Great, no Google and more importantly no Ebay! Got something I need to bid on in half an hour. Can I connect through an IP address or something?

Associate
OP
it seems to be pretty random for me at the moment, sometimes google works, sometimes it doesnt. Also the google ads on my sites are displaying internitantly. Very peculiar problem.

Back
Top Bottom