NTL Router

Associate
Hey Guys, I'm looking for a cheap router to use with NTL Broadband. I have a cable modem, and have no idea about networking at all..

What i want to do is connect 2 computers 1 my desktop and the other a iBook. The i book will be used in the living room and in the other bedroom. My pc will be used in my bedroom.

Can some one help me out here

Cheers

Dan

Associate
OP
i'm gonna have a look at the wireless option.

I've just moved into a new flat so cand really afford to be buying a wireless router and a wireless pci card. dont think my mate will be able to afford a wireless adapter for his mac either right now.

Any other suggestions though?

Soldato
you can pick up some wireless router bundles which include a free adapter, usually for a laptop. maybe his ibook already has built in wifi.

does your pc already have an on board network card? if not wireless cards aren't much more than wired cards.

i live near elm grove, if you live nearby email my address in trust and i'll help you set it up if you want.

Caporegime
If the iBook doesn't already have an Airport card, it can be...troublesome to get a wireless adapter that'll work with it.
It doesn't have a PCMCIA slot either.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, does any one know of a suitable wireless adapter to fit a ibook, it doesnt have any wireless capabilities.

I was thinking about getting a usb adapter.. Any one know of one that would work?

Associate
OP
Mujja said:
you can pick up some wireless router bundles which include a free adapter, usually for a laptop. maybe his ibook already has built in wifi.

does your pc already have an on board network card? if not wireless cards aren't much more than wired cards.

i live near elm grove, if you live nearby email my address in trust and i'll help you set it up if you want.

Cool, cheers mate. I live in Albert Road, Just above bored skate shop, so not to far at all. I'm gonna go get some wireless gear today. I'll give you a buzz i'm my network skills let me down.

Cheers

Associate
OP
hello again people. I've managed to get the wireless setup working at last. was much easier than i thought it would be.

Any way could some one point in the right direction for a non-expensive wireless adapter for an ibook? usb maybe?

Cheers

Dan

Back
Top Bottom