NTL upgrades

Commissario
R0551 said:
Phooey, just rang ntl and they told me that I have been upgraded to 4mb today :D only problem is I don't think the ntl modem we have can cope, it's the original motorola surfboard modem :( , hopefully the modem just needs resetting but I can't check till I get home tonight :(

Anyone know if this modem can cope?

EDIT: In case no one knows where I am, it's Leicestershire.

Any NTL modem should cope easily with 4mb, the only problem is with the ones that don't have a 10/100 LAN port which tend to have problems with 10mb.
I get 6-7mb from my Tailfin (slightly older than the surfboards IIRC).

You may need to reboot the modem (turn it off for 30 seconds) to force it to get the new config file, assuming they have released the upgrade in your area (they may be rolling it out from today, in which case some areas might not get it for a few days).

Soldato
As usual the STB users have to wait for the planned rollout. :(

Service status page (here) shows all sorts of network meddling until the 8th June. If I get a speed bump before then I'll be well chuffed. Hopefully living a couple of miles from Baguley might help.

Associate
the NTL service news says 1st June for 2->4mb link , but mine in Guildford is still 2mb. The change in charging for some services occurs from midnight tonight, so I'll check again tomorrow

Man of Honour
it looks like they have updated all their paperwork to show that 2mb users are now on the 4mb service but they just havent done all the network stuff to actually give us 4mb

ajm

ajm

Associate
Taken from the NTL server status page,might give a better idea when to expect your upgrade.

On the morning of Friday the 2nd of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Baguley and the surrounding areas.

On the Morning of Sunday 4th June between midnight and 6am,

Essential server maintenance will result in a loss of Registration services.

The following work will be taking place during the week commencing Monday the 5th of June.

On the morning of Monday the 5th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Essential server maintenance will result in a loss of Registration services.

On the morning of Tuesday the 6th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Colchester, Bishops Stortford, Stapleford, Coventry, Warwick, Andover, Reading, Lichfield and the surrounding areas.

Essential server maintenance will result in a brief loss of Registration, Broadband Medic and the ntlworld homepage services.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 7th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Birmingham, Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Lewisham, Newmarket, Acton and the surrounding areas.

On the morning of Thursday the 8th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Huddersfield, Poole and the surrounding areas.

Soldato
^^

Of course, that sort of maintenance goes on all the way through the year, so it doesnt necessarily mean its anything to do with the speed upgrade ;)

In theory they could be the places that arnt even ready to receive it, so they will actually be further along the schedule than other areas.

Back
Top Bottom