Nürburgring Pictures Jan 2006

Soldato
Most probably a stupid question...

...in the first picture is that beemer a diesel? The red line is before the 5 somewhere, but on the other hand the dials go up to 8krpm?

Soldato
ermmm, my car is not a diesel ;)

its warning lights for when its warming up. which takes a while at minus 10!

edit - thinking about it the ///M badge should give you a hint :p

F1 doesnt race there after a serious accident in the 70's IIRC. deemed to dangerous for them. lol! so let the general public on it instead :D

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Serj said:
F1 does race on the cut down track....

Yeah i know that, its thay little thing :)

I ment the full circut because u would think that "the best" racing league in the world would drive the best track in the world.

EDIT: Just saw the reply above. U would think that the cars would be safer these days to race around it with out too much hastle :)

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
TomO said:
ermmm, my car is not a diesel ;)

its warning lights for when its warming up. which takes a while at minus 10!

edit - thinking about it the ///M badge should give you a hint :p

Is it like an active red line? Its not as high when its cold but when it warms up it gets higher?

Soldato
Zip said:
Is it like an active red line? Its not as high when its cold but when it warms up it gets higher?

its just recommended, you can hit the limiter whatever the amber lights tell you.

the idea being you only rev the car harder when it warms up. takes about 5 mins usually. took about 15 on that day!

Soldato
William said:
Dangerous do you do photography as a hobby or a career? V.good composition in lots of the photos there. :)

they would be my photos and thank you :)

dave was video man and they are yet to come... :D

Soldato
Serj said:
F1 does race on the cut down track....
The new F1 track or "south loop" is a completely separate track, not a cut-down section of the old Nordschliefe or "north loop".

As for F1 using the Nordschleife again, the biggest problem is safety as there are virtually no run-off areas in most places. The other problem is a logistical one. Can you imagine how hard it would be to effectively marshal a 13 mile track and have enough equipment to remove stricken cars? How many TV cameras would it take to cover the event?

Soldato
fair enough, i think it looks loads better.

but then the police tend to disagree with me :confused: ;)

anyways you like lashings of nasty brown walnut wood everywhere, so nobody's perfect.

just please dont fit four spokes to the 530 when (if? ;) ) you get it :p

Soldato
Tax Evader said:
WOW, is that one of those "aeroplane things"... sort of smoke trails through the sky with a silvery object in front..?
AMAZING!!!

its not my fault you cant recongnise a true artist :rolleyes: :p

Soldato
Home from home dave :p

normal_IMG_1377.JPG

Back
Top Bottom