1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nürburgring Research Trip

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Dangerous, 2 Jan 2006.

1. Dangerous

Capodecina

For some reason I didn’t feel right about a track car so I am passing on it, I didn’t want to take such a big risk in totalling the car.

I know one thing I'm sure about which is making motors sports video and editing them so I am purchasing a HD Video Camera (Sony HVR-Z1E) So if all done and good I should have them within 2 weeks. If that is the case I shall need to test them...

So to the main reason of this thread I have one week booked off work from January 21st to the 29th. Within this week for about 3-4 days I shall be returning to the Ring’ to test the new HD camera but also to find out the viewing points of the Ring’.

In preparation for this year’s summer trip, the reason I am going now is it takes so long to find these points it’s just a waste of time in the summer months when you can be on the track.

Yes the track is open that week but it’s also snowing and -4 out there so don’t think I will be doing any laps.

Tunnel is £108
    Hotel is £30 per night

Don’t expect anyone to join me but I have a spare seat if anyone wants?

Last edited: 2 Jan 2006
  2. Nozzer

Banned

Fly out and hire a car in Germany, it'll be much quicker and the cost should be about the same. I'll ask my 'ring addict contact how he does it next time I see him.

3. Dangerous

Capodecina

Cant as I will have tripods, cameras, tapes too much for plane.

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Long way to go just to test out a new toy, why not visit a local track instead?

5. Dangerous

Capodecina

Its NOT just to play with camera but to find the viewing points around a 13 mile track. Timewise its just not possible in the summer months as you want to be on the track.

6. James_N

Sgarrista

I wish the ring would put the dam calender up for 06 as me and a few mates want to go around early may :(

Are you planning just to video from track side or incar too? Carefull of the ban ;)

7. Dangerous

Capodecina

Learnt lessons from last year :o And it will be march before dates are up for 2006 :( Plus who wants to see a diesel going around there? :p

8. wandgrudd

Gangster

£3500 for a camcorder. :eek: :eek:

you must be mad

9. Dangerous

Capodecina

No, I know I want too do this and don't have any doubts :)

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

You didnt have any doubts about building a track car last month either ;)

11. Dangerous

Capodecina

Wow you cant actually read minds then! I did I just didnt express them on this forum :)

12. excaliborg

Wise Guy

What is it you're going to do? Film people going round nurburgring and try and sell the vid to a publisher?

Leo

13. Dangerous

Capodecina

Doubt that would happen, if I had the opportunity to make money from this I would but I am along way from that.

Want to learn the trade to begin with.

14. excaliborg

Wise Guy

I'm not sure, take your time over it; see about adding commentary and edit it well etc, you may be able to. The market isn't exactly flooded with good recent car video publications! Film a documentary on the nurburgring there is so much scope to talk about.

15. James_N

Sgarrista

March!!???!!!!! :mad: flip

16. Pigeon

Mobster

So the Noble is back on :) :)

17. TomO

Mobster

dave,

got your text. currently might already be taking a holiday that week, discussing with the gf atm. will let you know if thats not happening.

i am sure we can come to some arrangement with the 200 for the next visit as i would like to take both cars! :D

18. Lashout_UK

Capodecina

Don't forget to get liscence to film the area, if you do want to use it for publishing :)

19. Dangerous

Capodecina

Yup start of the season is march :(

Could be a option I guess..

hahah get in there! :cool:

20. Dangerous

Capodecina

Like I said before little chance of that, most of my videos are just released on forums like here and BM3W etc