1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number Plates & MOT

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Nathan, 9 May 2006.

1. Nathan

Mobster

Putting the XRDT through an MOT next wednesday. However, thanks to a pheasant my front number plate is cracked right down by the starting letter. Its not hanging off or missing, just cracked. Will it be a failure? If so, where can I get a cheap plate from?

cheers

2. happytechie

Soldato

it should be OK as long as it's readable and secure, my front plate has been broken dow the middle for about 3 years now afetr I drove into my bike int he garage :(

Paul

3. Scottland

Capodecina

I think a cracked numberplate is just an advisory, unless you can't make out the letters?

4. ajm

Wise Guy

/\/\ Yes a cracked number plate doesn't make the car unroadworthy.

5. Downsy

Gangster

I had the misfortune the other day of hitting a hubcap which had fallen off a car travelling in the other direction, annoying as all we could do was sit there and watch it roll towards the car (wrong place wrong time). When we checked it, it had pretty much cracked the plate lengthwise and is holding on by the vinyl backing. It's there and readable but I couldn't beleive how much info you need to get new plates made from halfords (V5, Passport, Utility bill) !!