number plates

Soldato
I have a Civic which is I believe is on a Northen Irish plate. It's like "XBZ 4321" (I assume this is from NI anyway). I have a certificate for it.

Anyway, I want to swap this for a standard UK plate (not a private plate). Any idea how I go about this? I've tried calling the DVLA but got lost in the key pressing maze. Is my irish plate worth anything? even £20 would be nice to cover the cost of the probable admin fees to register a new plate.

Soldato
You can either transfer the plate to a retention, or you can transfer it to a new car. Both of which will cause your current car to get a UK style numberplate, either it's original (if it's still available), or it will be a newly issued date-related plate.

Transfer fee for a private plate is £80 I think.

Probably best to try to speak to someone @ DVLA so they can tell you exactly what the procedure is.

Soldato
My mate had a plate like that on his old R5 GT Turbo. I think it was HIL 7364 (or something similar)

He sold it for about £200 so after transfer fees he ended up with £100 or so, not a lot but better than nothing I guess.

Back
Top Bottom