Nurburgring 29th-2nd November

Soldato
Dangerous said:
You need to all check with your insurance companies. Some exclude unlimited toll roads
Wonder how that works on my company car :D

Hello, I'd need Euro cover again please for a long weekend. I'm going to the Nurburgring.
click

I think the speeds I may or may not have travelled at in France and Italy on toll roads earlier this year may already be pushing the boundaries though :D

Soldato
6thElement said:
Wonder how that works on my company car :D

Hello, I'd need Euro cover again please for a long weekend. I'm going to the Nurburgring.
click
Assuming the car is leased, like mine, then you have two things to check, the lease contract and the insurance.

I've checked my lease contract and there's no mention whatsoever of the 'ring, either directly or indirectly. What's even more surprising is there's nothing in there about the usual "racing or rallying", so theoretically I could take it to a track day round Silverstone!

One thing I did notice in the contract was that they reserve the right not to pay for consumables (it's a fully maintained contract) such as tyres and brakes if they consider the usage to be excessive for the mileage. In other words if you use up a set of tyres every 5000 miles because you drive like your name is Kevin, they ain't gonna pay. This, combined with the usual clauses about returning the car in one piece, presumably covers them enough for any type of usage.

As for the insurance, that'll be different for each insurer and will need to be checked. Many of them these days either explicitly mention the 'ring as excluded (more common in German insurance contracts btw) or else refer to things like "unlimited toll roads". If there's anything in there like this then you're not covered.

I need to check mine to find out and if it transpires that I'm not covered then I'll be driving like a granny :D

You've got a 120d haven't you? I bet that'd be pretty damn handy round the 'ring actually.

EDIT: We have fleet insurance at work although I'm not sure who with. I've got an old certificate from Zurich from last year when I went to France but it could well have changed now. The Zurich certificate only mentions "racing, pace-making, speed testing, participating in any rally, reliability trial or competition", which to me suggests the 'ring is covered.

Merlin, you about? How prevalent are 'ring exclusion clauses in fleet contracts, either express or implied?

Last edited:
Associate
are there any age requirements for driving through france and germany and around the nurburgring?

i would love to come, but it depends on the getting of a clio valver, getting insured on said valver and being legally able to drive about whilst over there.

i trust it is main m/ways there so no crazy wrong side of the road town driving involved?

registering interest, about 30% likely i will be able to come.

mac

Soldato
OP
Age limits are in France but its just speed limit age wise but France was a blur anyways :o

None on the ring but there is town driving and remember they are on the wrong side of the road.

Associate
Well I'm planning on during the 'Ring for my 21st next year... what accommodation you using Dangerous?

Anyone wanting to join us next year are free too... think it's going to be July some time... more dates when they release the opening dates sometime in February next year

Back
Top Bottom