NURBURGRING CLOSED THIS YEAR FOR TOURISTS

Mic

Mic

Soldato
But the ring is an actual road isnt it?
Its just basically a big toll booth kinda thing? How can they stop people from europe driving on a public road?

Soldato
nurburgring.org.uk web site said:
The 2006 calendar is being gradually added to the official site - at the time of writing, they had got as far as April. Once the whole year is online, I will list all the full weekends on this page.

Soldato
Trickle said:
Had me worried then. I'm on the verge of booking Spa in August and potentially going onto the ring after with the club assuming funds permit.

Ah Spa, the greatest racing circuit in the world. I'd be so jealous of you :p
Edit - that looks super sarcastic but it really isnt!

Man of Honour
-Mic- said:
But the ring is an actual road isnt it?
Its just basically a big toll booth kinda thing? How can they stop people from europe driving on a public road?
It is a toll but it's not a public road - it doesn't go anywhere except in a big circle. It's privately owned IIRC so they can do as they please.

Now, somewhere like Monaco/Le Mans is a different kettle of fish.

Associate
I'd much rather do the trackdays there now rather than the tourist days. The place has been ruined by it's popularity, and every chav and his brother are there now.
You can do two days there with RMA Limited, very few cars, exclusive use of the Nordschleife, full circuit including DH, fully marshalled, no vans buses bikes, and not closed every fifteen minutes - just how it should be. And for around £500 for the two days (plus your hotel etc), I'd say that's a bargain :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lopéz said:
It is a toll but it's not a public road - it doesn't go anywhere except in a big circle. It's privately owned IIRC so they can do as they please.

Now, somewhere like Monaco/Le Mans is a different kettle of fish.

Like Lopez says, its a private toll road.

Also have you lot never come across a road shut for re-surfacing, drainage or other works?? Of course they can shut it if they like, simple as that, public or private.

Back
Top Bottom